Web Site Done - Almost

  • Hilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2010
      Dear Fellow Suspects,

      The 1968 web site is finally done. All of the video and audio for the conference is up, although we still have a problem we're investigating -- half of the video for Voices of 1968 seems to be missing. So, if you want to hear the entire reading, check out the audio but take a look at the video for at least the first half.

      The cost for all of this is $4,500, and we've paid $3,500. We still owe $1,500 more. This is $500 more than we had expected -- but that's because converting the video for the web cost more than we expected. So, considering everything, it was cheap, and we thank Harris Rashid for his work in designing the site (advised by Woody Lewis, Tom Hurwtiz, Robert Friedman, and me).

      I'm going to be contacting people to ask for donations. Unless, of course, you jump in and contact me first. Please send me an email letting me know if you can help. We've covered $3,500 of the bill so far -- thanks to all who've helped out with large and small donations. If all of us chip in a few dollars, we can make it. I ain't going to beg -- but I will be sneaking up on you late at night through your email to guilt trip you into supporting the Revolution. OK, it's just a little web site, but it has those feelings of great love Che spoke about. And the web site needs a little love -- just like Monroe did during the conference.

      It's taken so long because we had trouble putting up the video (we had one system that also ran ads, piggy-backing on our videos, and we couldn't stand it). With this system, we get billed for each time someone views one of the videos. If there's typical usage, the charge is pennies or a few dollars. But if there's a sudden rush of interest and the site is jumpin' -- then the bill will expand accordingly. Right now, the billing is attached to my credit card -- so when I go bust or keel over, someone else will have to take over.

      Please let others know -- the site is great for scholars, students of the 60s, fans of eternal youth, hapless romantics, and inspired seekers of Truth, Justice and the Internationalist Way. By the way, I still demand amnesty.

      Love to all,

      Hilton Obenzinger
    • Katherine Knowles

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
          Or after.

        • a.gronowicz@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2010

            Last evening, in front of Manhattan's Metropolitan Correctional Center, several hundred people joined THAW (Theaters Against War) friends, family and supporters of Fahad Hashmi for a vigil/performance to protest Hashmi's incarceration.  He has been held for two and a half years in severe solitary confinement, awaiting trial in lower Manhattan. Fahad, an American citizen, is under 24-hour surveillance, allowed no fresh air of sunshine, can receive no letters or visits outside of limited contact with his parents and has not been able to review all the evidence against him.  Featured performers/speakers were Tony award winner Bill Irwin, Chris Hedges and Cindy Sheehan.

            It was an impressive and spirited event.  I will be at the next one as well at 6 PM on February 8.

            All are welcome on February 2 at the CUNY Graduate Center for a round table discussion with the Center for Constitutional Rights.

            Tony

            Thawaction.org            Thawaction@...         206 312 2201

            Information on the case   Educatorsforcivilliberties.org                FreeFahad.com
            ,_._,___