call for reviews of literary journals: LUNA PARK

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      Call for Submissions: LUNA PARK
      lunapark.blogspot.com
      http://www.lunaparkreview.com/

      We at Luna Park are looking for great reviews of literary magazines for
      publication in our first issue, which will be launched January 31st at a Brooklyn
      bar (to coincide with the upcoming AWP conference in New York City). So far the
      issue contains excerpts from the newest issue of Opium, an interview with
      Benjamin Percy on why lit mags rock, a memoir/journalism piece on Antioch Review
      by Gary Percesepe, an interview with acclaimed (and retired) Hootenanny
      editors, Sam Ruddick on why he loves Fence, Thomas Washington on writers at AWP, and
      much more.

      Aside from reviews of literary magazines, Luna Park is also interested in the
      following: historical essays on lit mags, interviews with people in the lit
      mag world, editorials on lit mags, pieces written from people on staffs of lit
      mags, and such things. The reviews we publish are either of individual pieces
      (writing or graphics) found in literary magazines, or reviews of the entire
      magazine--or even reviews of the magazine as a broad production. Just: it's art,
      and it deserves (needs?) discussion. Want to see what we publish? Check out
      our current blog at lunaparkreview.blogspot.com.

      Our editors are looking forward to seeing any and all of your work. Luna Park
      is a quarterly. The first issue will be published January 31st at:
      lunaparkreview.com . Following issues will be found there as well, every three months.

      We have extended our submission deadline for the first issue to January 15th.
      Electronic format submissions, please, doc file or rtf, sent to
      lunaparkreview(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @)

      And: subscribe to a lit mag. Support the arts

      Best,
      Travis Kurowski
      Editor, Luna Park
      313 Elizabeth Ave.