poetry/fiction/nonfiction contest: Iowa Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      THE IOWA REVIEW AWARD
      A contest from The Iowa Review
      http://www.uiowa.edu/~iareview/mainpages/iowaaward.html

      POETRY, FICTION, & NONFICTION
      $1,000 to each winner / $500 to runners-up
      Plus publication in our December 2008 issue
      Submit during January 2008
      Heather McHugh, Ethan Canin, and Abigail Thomas, judges

      Submit up to 20 pages of prose (double-spaced) or 10 pages of poetry (double
      or single; one poem or several). Work must be previously unpublished.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine assuming you inform us of acceptance elsewhere. All
      submissions will also be considered for the Tim McGinnis Award, given for the
      most surprising and unusual work of the year.

      Manuscripts must include a cover page listing your name, address, e-mail
      address and/or telephone number, and the title of each work, but your name should
      not appear on the manuscript itself.

      Enclose a $15 entry fee (checks payable to The Iowa Review). Add $10 (for a
      total of $25) to receive a yearlong subscription to the magazine.

      Label your envelope as a contest entry. For example: "Contest: Fiction."

      Postmark submissions between January 1 and January 31, 2008.

      Enclose a #10 SASE for final word on your work. Enclose a SAS postcard if you
      wish confirmation of our receipt of your entry.

      No electronic submissions.

      The Iowa Review
      308 EPB
      Iowa City, IA 52242