vampire story contest (flash fiction): Ligonier Valley Writers
- FLASH FICTION CONTEST VAMPIRE STORIES
Ligonier Valley Writers, in cooperation with West Overton Museums, is
sponsoring its third Annual Flash Fiction contest. The first prize is $50, second is
$25 and third $15. Three honorable mention winners will also be announced.
All winners will have the opportunity to read their stories for attendees of
the Otherworldly Café at West Overton, Scottdale, PA, on October 19-20 and
26-27, 2008. In addition, winners will have their stories published in the online
literary journal of the Ligonier Valley Writers. If a winner cannot attend
the readings, her or his story will be read by a member of the Ligonier Valley
Writers board. As a hint to those entering, read your story out loud after
you have completed it to see is it reads in a smooth fashion.
* Stories must be no longer than 1,000 words in length.
* Stories must be on the topic of vampires.
* Only one story per applicant.
* Type the story double-spaced using 12 point type and a standard font
like Times New Roman, Courier or Ariel on 8 ? x 11 white paper. (No fancy
* Type the title of the story and word count on the upper left corner of
each page, but not the author’s name (for judging purposes).
* A cover page with the story title and author’s name, address, and phone
number and email must accompany the story.
* Include a copy of the following statement and sign it for publication
and reading purposes.
“I (sign your name here) give Ligonier Valley Writers a one time right
to read my story titled (print the title here) and a one-time right to publish
the story at www.ligoniervalleywriters.org. The rights revert back to me six
months after the story is published.”
(No story will be accepted without this statement attached.)
The submission fee for the contest is $5.00. Send the story with the check
made out to Ligonier Valley Writers to:
2007 Flash Fiction Contest
Craig Schlecter, Contest Chair
1010 Evergreen Ave.
Greensburg. PA 15601
(replace (at) with @)
Deadline is August 15, 2007
free at http://www.aol.com
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]