online journal seeks submissions: FAWLT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Call for Submissions: FAWLT MAGAZINE

      FAWLT magazine ( www.fawltmag.com) is an online, quarterly journal seeking
      short stories, poems, essays, photographs, and animated works that deal with
      human flaws.

      Each issue of the magazine will focus on a single, undesirable
      characteristic, exploring such issues as: who is affected by it, the impact on individuals,
      in which circumstances it can be especially bad (or actually good), and any
      other aspect of the flaw that that may be worth investigating.

      We seek previously unpublished prose, poetry, and art that incorporate these
      characteristics in funny or sobering ways. Ultimately Fawlt hopes to offer an
      entertaining look at human frailty and a serious consideration of some of our
      more unpleasant traits. Please do not send more than three prose pieces or
      five poems at a time

      We're now actively taking submissions for our next issue,

      DEPENDENCE

      We're also considering submissions for other faults including:

      ~  PERFECTIONISM   ~   APATHY   ~   ARROGANCE   ~

      However, as we are planning to release those issues in later quarters, our
      response to submissions in those categories might be slightly long in coming

      While we have no problem with simultaneous submissions, please notify us
      immediately if your submitted work is published elsewhere

      GUIDELINES:
      DEADLINE: For Dependence: March 15, 2008. For all other faults: rolling
      submissions.
      EMAIL: Please send submissions to fiction(at)fawltmag.com (replace (at) with
      @)
      poetry(at)fawltmag, or artandphoto(at)fawltmag, depending on your category
      (replace (at) with @). Please indicate, in the subject line, which flaw your
      work addresses.
      ATTACH: A cover letter.
      IMAGES: May be sent via email as JPEG or TIF files.
      PAYMENT: While we're working on acquiring the funds necessary to pay our
      contributors, as of now, we can't offer any formal payment.

      We look forward to reading and viewing your work. Thank you for submitting to
      Fawlt Magazine.