online journal seeks submissions: Babel Fruit

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2007
      Babel Fruit, the online journal for “writing under the influence of the
      other”, welcomes submissions for the February spring issue.

      Poetry, prose, and creative non-fiction are welcome. For reviews and
      previews please query first. Babel Fruit accepts previously published
      work if it is not available online.

      We want to see how the other affects you: other literature, other
      cultures, other subcultures, and the other within.

      For more information see the submit page on the journal’s website or the
      Babel Fruit blog.

      babelfruit.org is an independent initiative in cooperation with
      the Int. Cities of Refuge Network.

      Send submissions to: editors(at)babelfruit.org
      Replace (at) with @)
      Put your name in the subject field.
      If you cannot paste your work in the body of the email, please attach a
      .doc file with your name in the title of the document.

      Please share the call for submissions and information about the journal
      if and where you think appropriate.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2008
        Babel Fruit, the online journal for “writing under the influence of the other," welcomes submissions for the summer issue (Deadline June 6).

        Poetry, prose, and creative non-fiction are welcome. Babel Fruit accepts previously published work if it is not available online.

        We want to see how the other affects you: other literature, other cultures, other subcultures, and the other within.

        Please see the website’s guidelines for details: www.babelfruit.org

        *We are currently looking for someone to conduct interviews.
        http://web.mac.com/renkat/BABEL_FRUIT/BabelFruit.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16 8:10 AM
          The online literary journal Babel Fruit: Writing Under the Influence welcomes submissions of poetry, prose and creative non-fiction for the autumn issue. Babel Fruit focuses on literature that is in some way influenced by “the other."

          We especially welcome mp3s of poets reading their work. Please have a look at our writer’s guidelines at
          http://web.mac.com/renkat/BABEL_FRUIT/Writers_Guidelines.html

          before sending us your best.

          www.babelfruit.org

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2009
            Babel Fruit online journal is currently inviting submissions of poems and short prose for the Summer/Fall issue.
            http://web.mac.com/renkat/BABEL_FRUIT/BabelFruit.html
            We are looking for work that shows what happens “under the influence of the other”.

            Take a look at previous issues to see what we mean. (Note that the Winter/Spring Issue had a section of poets under the influence of poets—we won’t be doing that this time around.)
            The Winter/Spring Issue included work by  Janet McCann, Karla Huston, Jessica LaFortune,
            Erika Dreifus, Barbara Crooker, Martha Silano, J.D. Smith, Joan Mazza, Bill Sullivan,
            William Haas, Maria D. Laso, Alex Cigale, Bethany Fitzpatrick, Thomas Truelove,
            Louis Gallo, Frederick Lord, Martha Meltzer, Nicole Wilson and Monica Raymond.
            Featured poets: Rachel Dacus, Suzanne Frischkorn, Mya Guarnieri, Teresa Chuc Dowell, and Jaime Brunton.
            Prose: Timothy Reilly, Joseph Schwartz, John Matthew New,  Jacqueline White, George Berguño and Kristy Athens.

            Please read our guidelines before submitting.
            www.babelfruit.org

            Send all submissions to <editors(at)babelfruit.org> (replace (at) with @)