call for submissions: Apple Valley Review

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10, 2007
      Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
      http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

      The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be
      accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2007 issue
      until August 17, 2007.

      Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both
      mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously
      unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or
      anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not
      accept simultaneous submissions.  All published work is considered for our annual
      editor's prize.

      The Spring 2007 issue of the journal featured an essay by J. W. Young; a
      prose poem by Sean Lovelace; poetry by Karen Schubert, Rosa Salazar, Ona Gritz,
      Brian Gilmore, Anna Evans, Adam Tavel, Mary MacGowan, James Cihlar, Simon
      Perchik, Raymond Wachter, Shaindel Beers, Diane Tucker, Bob Bradshaw, Gina Marie
      Mammano V., Sandy McIntosh, Terrance Wedin, Rachel Bunting, Anca Vlasopolos,
      Edward Byrne, and Christine Vovakes; fiction by Jenny Steele, M. Thomas Gammarino,
      Kerri Quinn, Srdan Papic (translated by Marija Panic), Eva Eliav, Julia
      Curcio, Patricia Gosling, Danielle Lapidoth, Peggy Duffy, and Wayne Scheer; and
      artwork by Sarah Browning.  Previous issues and complete submission guidelines
      are also available at www.applevalleyreview.com.

      Additional questions and/or submissions may be sent to Leah Browning, Editor,
      at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>. (Replace (at) with @.)

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 5, 2009
        The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for its Spring 2010 issue until February 15, 2010.

        www.applevalleyreview.com

        Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

        Send submissions via e-mail to Leah Browning, Editor, at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>
        (replace (at) with @).

        —Send one prose piece or two to six poems at a time.
        —Include the word “fiction,” “poetry,” or “essay” in your subject line.
        —Type or paste your submission in the body of the e-mail message. We
        will not open any unsolicited attachments.

        Complete submission guidelines: http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.html

        The Fall 2009 issue of the journal features prose poetry by Luiza Oleszczuk; poetry by Michael Lauchlan, Marge Piercy, Jin Cordaro, Ioan Flora (translated from the Romanian by Adam J. Sorkin and Elena Borta), David LaBounty, Bernard Henrie, Gail Braune Comorat, Mary MacGowan, Yun Wang, Anne Britting Oleson, Tammy Ho Lai-Ming, Laura McCullough, and Melissa Adamo; fiction by Elaine Barnard and Kathleen Thomas; essays by J. W. Young and Erika Kleinman; and artwork by Jacob Collins.

        The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Jin Cordaro, the recipient of the Apple Valley ReviewEditor's Prize for 2009, and three of the writers whose work appeared in our Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 issues. "Jane Austen's Toes," a poem by Rob Hardy, and "Thanksgiving," a poem by Pat Daneman, were selected by poet Dorianne Laux for the 2008 Best of the Net Anthology. "His Wife," a short story by Barry Jay Kaplan, was also one of five pieces of fiction selected by writer Andy Mozina for the annual anthology.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 21, 2011
          Apple Valley Review will be reading submissions of short fiction,
          essays, and poetry for its Spring 2011 issue (Vol. 6, No. 1) until
          Tuesday, March 15, 2011.

          www.applevalleyreview.com

          We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All
          work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please
          do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly
          violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept
          simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our
          annual editor's prize.

          To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into
          the body of an e-mail message to our editor at
          <editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @).

          The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and
          complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are
          available at http://www.applevalleyreview.com/
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 17 12:42 PM
            Apple Valley Review will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for its Fall 2011 issue (Vol. 6, No. 2) until Thursday, September 15, 2011.

            www.applevalleyreview.com

            We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. (Translations are welcome.) Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our
            annual editor's prize.

            To submit, please paste 2-6 poems or an essay/short story into the body of an e-mail message and send this to our editor at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @).

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 31, 2012
              Apple Valley Review will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for its Spring 2012 issue (Vol. 7, No. 1) until
              Thursday, March 15, 2012.

              www.applevalleyreview.com

              We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

              To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @).

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 17 1:17 PM
                Apple Valley Review
                will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for
                its Fall 2012 issue (Vol. 7, No. 2) until Saturday, September 15, 2012.

                www.applevalleyreview.com

                We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must
                be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre
                fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also,
                please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work
                is considered for our annual editor's prize.

                To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories pasted into the
                body
                of an e-mail message to our editor at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>
                (replace (at) with @).

                The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete
                submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available
                online.
                http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2013
                  Apple Valley Review will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal
                  essays, and poetry
                  for its Spring 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 1) until Friday, March 15, 2013.

                  http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

                  We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must
                  be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre
                  fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also,
                  please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work
                  is considered for our annual editor's prize.

                  To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories pasted into the
                  body of an e-mail message to our editor at
                  editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

                  online. http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1 4:31 PM
                    Apple Valley Review
                    will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal
                    essays, and poetry
                    for?the?Fall 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 2) until Sunday,?September 15, 2013.

                    http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

                    All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not
                    submit
                    strict genre fiction or anything particularly violent or explicit.
                    ?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 19 7:28 AM
                      Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions
                      Submission deadline: September 15, 2013
                      Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for the Fall 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 2). All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit anything particularly violent or explicit. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize. To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at editor(at)leahbrowning(dot)net. The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available atwww.applevalleyreview.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 5, 2014
                        Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

                        Submission deadline: March 15, 2014

                        Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of short fiction,
                        personal essays, and poetry for the Spring 2014 issue (Vol. 9, No. 1).

                        All work must beoriginal, previously unpublished, and in
                        English. Please note that we do not acceptsimultaneous submissions.

                        All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's
                        prize.

                        Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections,
                        finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the
                        Net, Best of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

                        To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, allpasted
                        into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor at

                        http://www.applevalleyreview.com/%c2%a0
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 5 1:17 PM

                          Subject: call for submissions: Apple Valley Review

                          Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

                          Submission deadline: September 15, 2014

                          Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of poetry,
                          personal essays, and short fiction for the Fall 2014 issue (Vol. 9, No. 2).

                          All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in
                          English. Please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions.

                          Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections,
                          finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the
                          Net, Best of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

                          All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's
                          prize.

                          To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted
                          into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.
                          editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

                          The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and
                          complete submission guidelines are available online.

                          http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 14

                            Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

                            Submission deadline: March 15, 2015

                            Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of poetry, personal essays,
                            and short fiction for the Spring 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 1).

                            All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please note
                            that we do not accept simultaneous submissions.

                            Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections, finalists,
                            and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the Net, Best of the
                            Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

                            All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize.

                            To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted into
                            the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.   editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 15

                              Submission deadline: March 15, 2015 for the Spring 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 1).

                              The Apple Valley Review seeks unpublished personal essays and short
                              fiction (preferably between 500 and 3000 words, though the word count is
                              flexible) and poetry.  Prose poetry and translations are also welcome.

                              The
                              Fall 2014 issue included poetry and prose by Marge Piercy, Cameron Conaway, Joan
                              Mazza, J. Malcolm Garcia, and others.

                              Pieces from the journal have recently
                              been chosen as selections or finalists for Best American Essays, New Poetry from
                              the Midwest, and The Wigleaf Top 50 (Very) Short Fictions.

                              All published
                              work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize.  The 2014
                              recipient was Laura Lee Beasley.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 18 12:54 PM
                                • Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
                                • http://www.applevalleyreview.com

                                • Deadline: September 15, 2015
                                Apple Valley Review is reading submissions of poetry, personal essays, and short fiction for the Fall 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 2). All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize, and several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American EssaysBest of the NetBest of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award. The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available online: www.applevalleyreview.com.