short story contest: Warren Adler

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2007
      Warren Adler Short Story Contest
      http://www.warrenadler.com/contest07.shtml (go to this site to enter online)
      2007 Contest Theme: New York City

      Born-and-bred, out-of-towner, tourist for a day, or just longing and dreaming
      to visit, you’ve got a story about New York, some moment or snapshot you feel
      evokes this mad, exciting city and the fascinating people at its core.
      Maybe you’ve already written it and have it buried deep in your desk drawer
      or in the bowels of your hard drive. Or maybe it’s still bouncing around your
      head, waiting for that chance bolt to strike you.
      Try telling it in no more than 2,500 words and you might share it with the
      world.
      The Second Annual Warren Adler Short Story Contest, in an endeavor to
      publicize and promote the art of the fictional short story and restore its place as a
      prime literary format, is seeking submissions that capture the essence of New
      York.

      The first prize winner, to be announced in conjunction with the publication
      of Warren Adler’s latest short story collection New York Echoes, will be
      awarded $1,000; all five finalists will also be awarded personalized first editions
      of Mr. Adler’s collection.
      As a bonus, the story judged best by Mr. Adler, along with a People’s Choice
      award chosen from among the finalists via online reader vote, will be
      published and available for sale on Amazon shorts. All five finalist stories will be
      featured via “live” readings on Amazon’s Theater on Second Life.
      It has often been said that there are infinite story possibilities about this
      fabled city of hopes and dreams. Share your imagination and talent with us at
      2,500 words or less. Deadline is January 15, 2008.
      All work must be submitted on-line following the instructions below, along
      with a $15 fee per entry via credit card or PayPal account to cover expenses and
      reading costs. Finalists retain all except non-exclusive Internet-only rights
      and/or a six-month exclusive deal with Amazon. Good luck.

      Contest Rules:
           Contest is open for worldwide entries from July 13, 2007 until January
      15, 2008
           A $15 fee in advance is required for each story submission. When you are
      ready to submit your story, make your payment below to proceed to the story
      submission form.
           Each story can be no longer than 2,500 words and must be written in
      English and previously unpublished.
      Go to
      http://www.warrenadler.com/contest07.shtml
      for online entry instructions (contest may only be entered at website).

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
        The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

        Fall 2008 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

        http://www.warrenadler.com/contest08fall.shtml

        Submit Your Stories Now!

        Following the success of the Summer 2008 Warren Adler Short Story Contest, Mr. Adler is sponsoring another international competition. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

        Entries must not exceed 2,500 words. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

        Although Mr. Adler will have already chosen the winner, the five finalists’ stories will be posted on the Warren Adler website on January 19, 2009. The People’s Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler’s top choice, along with the People’s Choice winner, will be announced on February 2, 2009.

        Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2008 to January 16, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

        * 1st Prize: $1000
        * People’s Choice Prize $500
        * Remaining finalists receive $150 each

        Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
        Contest Rules:

        * Contest is open for worldwide entries from October 1, 2008 until January 16, 2009
        * A $15 fee in advance is required for each story submission.
        * Stories must be submitted online at

        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2009
          The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

          2009 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

          http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml (go to this URL to submit stories and pay entry fee)

          The Warren Adler Short Story Contest is fast becoming the most prestigious online short story contest thanks to the extraordinary literary quality of our submissions. We are pleased to announce our next contest. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

          Entries must not exceed 2,500 words and we will only accept stories submitted using our web form (http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml), no exceptions. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

          The People's Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler's top choice, along with the People's Choice winner, will be announced in July.

          Submissions will be accepted from April 13, 2009 to July 13, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

          1st Prize: $1,000

          People's Choice Prize $500

          Remaining finalists receive $150 each

          Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
          Contest Rules:

          Contest is open for worldwide
          entries from April 13, 2009 until July 13, 2009

          A $15 fee in advance is required for each story submission.

          When you are ready to submit your story, make your payment below to proceed to the story submission form.

          Each story can be no longer than 2,500 words and must be written in English and previously unpublished

          Submit online and pay entry fee at

          http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2009
            The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

            2009 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

            to submit story and pay entry fee, visit

            http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml

            The Warren Adler Short Story Contest is fast becoming the most prestigious online short story contest thanks to the extraordinary literary quality of our submissions. We are pleased to announce our next contest. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

            Entries must not exceed 2,500 words and we will only accept stories submitted using our web form (see Pay Now button below), no exceptions. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

            The People's Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler's top choice, along with the People's Choice winner, will be announced in July.

            Submissions will be accepted from April 13, 2009 to July 13, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

            1st Prize: $1,000

            People's Choice Prize $500

            Remaining finalists receive $150 each

            Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
            Contest Rules:

            Contest is open for worldwide entries from April 13,
            2009 until July 13, 2009