call for submissions: cold-drill

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      cold-drill is published annually by the MFA Department of Boise State
      University and is actively looking for fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction from
      the traditional to the experimental for our 38th issue. We strive to publish
      work that goes beyond the obvious and that provokes and stimulates us and our
      community of readers. We are also interested in innovative and interesting
      visual art.

      We take great pride in our design and the finished product, which includes
      first-time published writers side-by-side with established authors and poets,
      and feel that a journal should be both visually appealing and mentally
      stimulating.

      Check out our website at: http://cold.drill.googlepages.com    (Yes, we're
      cheap, so we're using google web space, but the saved money all goes to a killer
      quality journal)

      Submissions are read from September 15 through January 5.
       For Snail-Mail submissions, follow these instructions:

      Must include a SASE for response. MSS will not be returned unless accompanied
      by the appropriate SASE.
      Fiction and creative non-fiction: up to 20 pages.
      Poetry: up to 8 poems.

      cold-drill, Department of English
      Boise State University
      1910 University Drive
      Boise, ID 83725

      For electronic submissions, please follow these instructions:
      In the subject line, write your genre (poetry, fiction, nonfiction) and the
      title to your piece.
      Send document as an attachment (either Word or PDF).
      Standard Cover Letter (name, address,  phone, etc.) should be in the same
      attachment as the piece itself.
      Also, make sure the following rules are followed:
      Font: Either Times New Roman, Arial, or Garamond
      Font Size: 12
      Spacing: Double
      Do Not copy and paste the piece into the email.
      E-mail address: cold.drill(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @)

      And remember: We love you.