call for submissions: Blotterature

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013

      Blotterature Literary Journal is accepting submissions through November 1st.

      For submission guidelines go to http://blotterature.com/submissions/

      Blotterature is a small press online lit journal, started by a few Region Rats who want to see good literature reach a larger audience. Our mission is to merge “the academic” with “the underground,” as there is value in both sides of the spectrum. This means, we strive to publish well-crafted pieces without all the pretension, just as we don’t shock just to shock unless there is something universal in the subtext.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2014
        http://blotterature.com/submissions/
        Call-out for Submissions: Blotterature Literary Magazine is now open
        for submissions through June 1, 2014.

        Blotterature accepts a wide variety of prose, poetry, and artwork. We
        seek the nontraditional mixed with craft, detail, and process.
        Well-developed with an edge. Experimental but not aimless. Something
        with political intentions or just there to entertain. Thought-out.
        Thrilling. Intelligent.

        Blotterature released its inaugural issue on January 25, 2014 and is
        ready to read your best work for the second issue due out July 25,
        2014.

        Please go to Blotterature.com/submissions for submission details.
      • CRWROPPS LIST
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24

          After a long hiatus, Blotterature is accepting submissions again! This time for a themed issue.

          PROP!

          “For the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house.” -Audre Lorde

          Art is under attack! From legislation, elitism, capitalism, you name it. We’re gonna fight back—let’s take the master’s tools and begin to build new tools from them.

          Send us poems, CNF, fiction, and art that are inspired by or incorporate propaganda. We want to see found poems. We want to see social commentary. We want to see your rage. Your loud-mouthed, down and out, up and down resistance. Why we matter. Your resilience. Your hope.
          DEADLINE: October 5th, 2017.

          The staff at Blotterature believes that literature should be accessible and not just for the “in-crowd” of literary folks, and that it doesn’t take a highly-trained artist fresh out of an MFA program to produce good literature. Our mission is to associate technical skill and academic aesthetics with the underground and underappreciated in each issue, as there is value in both sides of the spectrum, and in the middle ground.