online journal seeks poems: Switched-On Gutenberg
- Switched-on Gutenberg (http://www.switched-ongutenberg.org/), an e-zine
since 1995, is now accepting submissions for its 2008 issue on the
theme: Science and Technology.
Submissions for the next issue:
* Will ONLY be taken from December 1, 2007 to March 1, 2008.
* ONE POEM ONLY, not to exceed 48 lines. YES, WE MEAN IT!!!
* Must be original and not simultaneously submitted (previously
published work is okay if credits are included).
* Should include:
o your name and e-mail address
o a short (three-line) biographical note.
o Address and phone number in case we need to contact you
concerning a local reading.
* Should be saved in text-only format, or included in the body of
the e-mail message.
* Should be e-mailed to Jana Harris, Editor, at
jnh(at)u.washington.edu (replace (at) with @).
Please include your name in the subject line.
We report on submissions shortly before each issue goes on-line. This
can take a long time, since we're volunteers with lots of other
commitments. We plan to release Issue 14 in late-summer 2008.
More on What We're Looking for:
We are looking for poems that explore scientific puzzles, use
wonderfully obscure terminology, formulae or other forms of discourse
usually foreign to the 'hazy' world of poets. We don't mind if you want
to take on the issues of the day (global warming, genetic engineering,
etc), but make it marvelous.
Please see the detailed submission guidelines at:
Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]