fiction position: U of Arkansas
Assistant Professor of Fiction Writing
Institution: University of Arkansas Location: Fayetteville, AR Category:
- Faculty - Liberal Arts - English and Literature
Posted: 09/18/2013 Type: Full Time Job Number: Y14917 Job Title: Assistant Professor of Fiction Writing Department: English Closing Date: 11/15/2013 4:30 p.m.
(or until position filled)
The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville is a comprehensive doctoral research institution. A member of the University of Arkansas System, the University enrolls over 24,000 students. The University is located in the Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, one of the nation's most scenic areas with a thriving economy.
The salary range will be based upon the qualifications of the successful candidate.
1. At least one published book of fiction (may be under contract)
2. An MFA or PhD in creative writing or literature
3. Proof of legal authority to work in the United States
1. Specialization in writing literary fiction
2. Publications in creative nonfiction, screenwriting, or literary translation
3. Prior teaching experience
1. Teach a 2/2 load (four courses per year, on a two-semester system).
2. Publish regularly.
3. Direct MFA and undergraduate theses, help select incoming MFA applicants, serve on departmental and/or college committees.
Where To Apply?
Submit a cover letter, a copy of a published book, a resume, and two or more letters of recommendation to:
Programs in Creative Writing & Translation
333 Kimpel Hall
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
by November 15, 2013. Initial interviews may be held via Skype; on-campus visits will be conducted in January 2014.
Contact: University of Arkansas Online App. Form: http://hr.uark.edu/jobdetails.asp?ListingID=7031