poetry position: Johns Hopkins Univ

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2013
      We are seeking to fill an assistant professor position in poetry. Interested applicants should have at least one book of poetry published, and another near completion. Please note book title(s) and publisher(s) in your cover letter. Teaching responsibilities (two courses per semester) will include undergraduate and--eventually--graduate courses. Ability and experience in the teaching of writing and literature are requisite to the job. The Writing Seminars, one of the oldest graduate programs in creative writing, offers a two-year Master of Fine Arts degree in poetry and fiction, as well as an undergraduate major. Our program leans toward the aesthetic and intellectual--rather than genre and popular—ends of the literary spectrum. Please submit cover letter and CV electronically via Interfolio using the following link:

      http://apply.interfolio.com/22205

      We will contact in the late fall those applicants whose books we would like sent to us.Deadline: November 1, 2013The Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is strongly committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty. Women and minorities are especially invited to apply.
      Qualifications:
      n\
      Internal Number: 58503