New Journal Now Accepting Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 1935
      New Journal Now Accepting Submissions
      http://www.pooryorickjournal.com/mission/
      https://pooryorick.submittable.com/submit

      Poor Yorick: A Journal of Rediscovered Objects brings back into light the skeletons hidden in our cultural closets. The free online journal welcomes writing and other creative productions about lost objects and images of material culture: sculptures and paintings in the back rooms of museums or in hidden corners of public spaces; murals forgotten in plain view; lost photographic archives and restored films; newly discovered letters or manuscripts; knickknacks in attics; oddities and curiosities in misbegotten sideshows; forgotten stories that remind us of pasts that we cannot afford to forget.

      Poor Yorick invites submissions in any and every literary genre and any electronically reproducible visual or audio medium. In addition to open submissions, the journal’s editorial staff will occasionally identify a particular historical object, collection, exhibit, etc., and call for submissions inspired by the selected artifact or collection.