online journal seeks submissions: Apple Valley Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
      http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

      The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be
      accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Spring 2008 issue
      until February 15, 2008.

      Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both
      mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously
      unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or
      anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not
      accept simultaneous submissions.  All published work is considered for our annual
      editor's prize.

      The Fall 2007 issue of the journal featured fiction by Miriam Sagan, Barry
      Jay Kaplan, Fraser Sutherland, and Robert Miltner; essays by Jo Barney
      and Chantel Acevedo; a series of short texts by John Taylor; creative nonfiction by
      Cathy Warner; an author interview with Sue William Silverman conducted by Angela
      M. Graziano; poetry by Kenneth Pobo, Rob Hardy, David Cazden, Kevin McLellan,
      Martha Christina, Bonnie Bolling, Bob Bradshaw, Francine M. Tolf, Rodger
      LeGrand, Maureen Tolman Flannery, Michael Trammell, Jennifer Armentrout, Richard
      Stolorow, Kendra Aber-Ferri, Deja Earley, Perry Higman, Christine Vovakes,
      Shoshauna Shy, Kyle Hemmings, Christopher Kelen, William Reichard, Kimberly L.
      Becker, Janice D. Soderling, Chris Anderson, Matthew Schoesler, Thomas D.
      Reynolds, Randall Horton, Daniel Sumrall, M.L. Liebler, C. Delia Scarpitti, Gloria J.
      Bennett, Karen Schubert, Katie Fesuk, and Tom Harmon; and artwork by Michael
      Abraham.

      Previous issues and complete submission guidelines are available at
      www.applevalleyreview.com.  Additional questions and/or submissions may be sent to
      Leah Browning, Editor, at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>. (Replace (at) with @.)

      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2008
        Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
        http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

        The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2008 issue until August 17, 2008.

        Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions.  All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

        The Spring 2008 issue of the journal featured fiction by Kathy Anderson and John Lowry; poetry by Pat Daneman, Anna Evans, Lucia Zimmitti, Laurie Junkins, Brian R. Lutz, Lyn Lifshin, David N. DeVries, Elizabeth Barbato, Lori Huskey, George Moore, Tammy Ho Lai-ming, Julie L. Moore, and Mark Thalman; and artwork by Cynthia Tom.

        The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate a few of the writers whose work appeared in the Spring 2007 issue.  Kerri Quinn's short story, "How to Leave," was selected for Best of the Net 2007.  "Pageant Queen," an essay by J. W. Young, and "Island Fever," a poem by Edward Byrne, were selected for Best of the Web 2008, a print anthology forthcoming from Dzanc Books.

        editor(at)leahbrowning.net (replace (at) with @).

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Spring 2009 issue until February 15, 2009.
          www.applevalleyreview.com

          Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

          The Fall 2008 issue of the journal featured fiction by Alex Myers and Rachel Ephraim; memoir by Panteha Sanati; prose poetry by Julie Babcock; poetry by Vince Corvaia, Keetje Kuipers, Philip Matthews, M.J. Iuppa, Miranda Steffens, Andrew Slattery, Richard Stolorow, Margaret Rozga, Naira Kuzmich, Jim Murdoch, Susan Culver, and Heather Mercer; and artwork by Rob Evans.

          The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue--and two of the writers whose work appeared in the Spring 2007 issue. "Pageant Queen," an essay by J. W. Young, and "Island Fever," a poem by Edward Byrne, were selected for Best of the Web 2008, a print anthology available from Dzanc Books.

          The current issue, previous issues, subscription inf
          ormation, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available atwww.applevalleyreview.com.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10, 2009
            The Apple Valley Review,

            www.applevalleyreview.com

            http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.html

            a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2009 issue until August 14, 2009.

            Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

            The Spring 2009 issue of the journal featured fiction by Matthew Grice, Tai Dong Huai, Lydia Williams, Arrie Brown, and Jozefina Cutura; an essay by Suzanne Cope; poetry by William Robert Flowers, Leslie LaChance, Sarah White, Gregory Lawless, Roger Jones, Ruth Foley, Steve Klepetar, Linda King, Lyn Lifshin, James Richard Brown, Chris Anderson, and Asha Choubey; and artwork by Mikel Glass.

            The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue--and two of the writers whose work appeared in the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 issues, respectively. "Jane Austen's Toes," a poem by Rob Hardy, and "Thanksgiving," a poem by Pat Daneman, were selected by poet Dorianne
            Laux for the 2008 Best of the Net Anthology.

            The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available at

             www.applevalleyreview.com.

            Send submissions via e-mail to Leah Browning, Editor.
            —Send one prose piece or two to six poems at a time.
            —Include the word “fiction,” “poetry,” or “essay” in your subject line.
            —Type or paste your submission in the body of the e-mail message.  We
            will not open any unsolicited attachments.
            —Include a cover letter with your name, address, phone number, e-mail
            address, and a short biography.

            Please expect to wait up to two months for a reply.  Occasionally with
            e-mail, there are technical difficulties.  We cannot be responsible for delay or
            loss of submissions.  To submit, or to check on the status of your submission
            after two months have passed, please send a message to our editor at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>

            (replace (at) with @)

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
              The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2009 issue until August 14, 2009.

              www.applevalleyreview.com

              Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

              To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at

              <editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @).

              Complete submission guidelines: http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.html

              The Spring 2009 issue of the journal featured fiction by Matthew Grice, Tai Dong Huai, Lydia Williams, Arrie Brown, and Jozefina Cutura; an essay by Suzanne Cope; poetry by William Robert Flowers, Leslie LaChance, Sarah White, Gregory Lawless, Roger Jones, Ruth Foley, Steve Klepetar, Linda King, Lyn Lifshin, James Richard Brown, Chris Anderson, and Asha Choubey; and artwork by Mikel Glass.

              The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue-
              -and three of the writers whose work appeared in the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 issues. "Jane Austen's Toes," a poem by Rob Hardy, and "Thanksgiving," a poem by Pat Daneman, were selected by poet Dorianne Laux for the 2008 Best of the Net Anthology. "His Wife," a short story by Barry Jay Kaplan, was also one of five pieces of fiction selected by writer Andy Mozina for the annual anthology.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 11, 2010
                www.applevalleyreview.com

                The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2010 issue until Friday, August 20, 2010. Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at<editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @). Complete submission guidelines: http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.htmlThe Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Leslie LaChance (2009 Best of the Net Anthology) and Matthew Grice (storySouth Million Writers Award notable story for 2009). The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available athttp://www.applevalleyreview.com/