IDK Magazine Call for Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2013
      Subject: IDK Magazine Call for Submissions

      NEW ONLINE JOURNAL IDK Magazine OPENS FOR SUBMISSIONS ON AUGUST 5TH
      New online journal IDK Magazine will open to e-mail submissions of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, photography, and art starting on August 5th.

       IDK Magazine flirts with the unknown. We love Millennials and the people who write about them. We believe in writing our way out of the cultural wasteland; disobeying social norms; satirizing pop culture; sugar-coating the past through the practice of nostalgia; embracing, celebrating, and rejecting Internet culture; placing a bullhorn in front of the mouth of tomorrow; and empowering the collective body of future humanity. (Eat your vegetables, kids.)

      We love electric prose and poems that make the hairs on our arms stand pin-straight. Nothing’s better, in our book, than a sentence that can crack our skull open like an egg or a line that forces us to remember its internal rhyme weeks later. We hope you’ll fiddle with form. We hope you’ll hug your strangeness. Play with dissonance; play with assonance. Interrogate dead leaders. Become notorious.

      Since IDK’s mission revolves around the Millennial generation, we primarily seek to publish emerging writers born between the years of 1980 and 1995. We don’t want to be ageists, though, so if you fall outside those brackets but are writing about the life and times of Generation Y, send us your work. We wouldn’t want to exclude any powerful voices as we do our part to curate a portion of the world’s best writing.

      For more information, visit IDK’s website at IDKmagazine.com or email the editors at IDKmagazine@...

      IDKmagazineATgmail.com
      --
      Dakota Garilli