writer-editor sought: U of WI Whitewater

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 12:42 PM
      The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is looking for awriter and editor who can capture the spirit of the Warhawk family in a waythat engages readers and elicits emotional reactions. UW-Whitewater has ahistory of telling our authentic story through vivid video and stunningphotography. We are looking for a professional who has the ability to translatethose visual stories into the written word. This is a dream job for a writer.

      You are our ideal candidate if you have an undergraduatedegree in English with a writing emphasis and an MFA in non-fiction or fictionwith three to five years of professional experience. You must be a committedlife-long learner. As a successful candidate, you’ll join a high-energy officeon a campus that has a family atmosphere. UW-Whitewater has been named one ofthe top workplaces in southeastern Wisconsin by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinelthree years running. You’ll join a vibrant team of creative professionals inUniversity Marketing and Media Relations. You’ll help set the tone for ouralumni publications and execute the production of three magazines each year.You’ll have ample opportunity to help develop student writers by working withMMR’s student employees. It’s a great chance to hone those teachingskills. And you’ll have fun working on acampus filled with dynamic employees and students.

      Because this is a writing position, your letter must wow thesearch and screen committee. Do your best to show us that you are the person totell the story of this amazing campus. Send your cover letter, resume withthree professional references and five writing samples to:
      Jeff Angileri
      Assistant Director
      Marketing and Media Relations
      angilerjATuwwDOTedu
      angilerj@...

      or by mail:
      Jeff Angileri
      UW-Whitewater
      800 W. Main St.
      Whitewater, WI 53711

      First review of applicants will be Sept. 6 with ananticipated start date of Oct. 21.

      UW-Whitewateris an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellencethrough diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Names ofapplicants may be disclosed unless requested otherwise. Names of finalists willbe released.