poems about Clash's "London Calling."

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      The Lo-Fi Poetry series inaugural anthology focuses on the Clash’s London Calling. We’re looking for poems that “cover” individual songs from the record as well as poems that engage the album as a whole.

      “Cover” poems will be titled one of the songs on the record and will be informed by the song in question. Covering the songs is open to interpretation: poems may engage the lyrics, the chord progression, feature memory of the songs or engage the overall mood of the song. We only ask the poems be “informed” by the song and its title.

      “Liner Notes” poems will engage the overall album.

      Poems may include history, personal reflection, notes about the band’s recording of the song or playing it, song fragments and other ways of engaging London Calling.

      Deadline: August 1, 2013

      Release Date: Spring 2014 on City Lit Books

      Email poems to lofi.poetryATgmailDOTcom