literary contest in poetry and fiction: The Puritan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2013
      The Second Annual Thomas Morton Memorial Prize in Literary Excellence
      http://www.puritan-magazine.com/submissions.php

      The winner in each field will receive a generous prize package including monetary compensation as well as a collection of books from some of Canada’s mostcelebrated publishers. The winning entries will also appear in The Puritan Issue XXIII: Fall 2013 and be honoured at our launch party, BlackThursday.

      Be the second pair of writers to pin the longest literary prize title onto your list of accolades. Brave the frontier today!

      Bounties & Details
      Fiction: $900 / Poetry: $600
      Publication in The Puritan
      Prize Pack from various Canadian publishers, including Coach House Books, House of Anansi, ECW Press, Porcupine’s Quill, Freehand Books, Goose Lane Editions, Cormorant Books, Brick Books, Mansfield Press, Pedlar Press, Insomniac Press, Coteau Books, Chaudiere Books, and Tightrope Books each worth over $600!
      Cost per submission: $10 via PayPal
      Fiction up to 12,000 words / Poetry up to 3 pages
      Multiple submissions accepted!
      Deadline: Sept. 30, 2013
      Visit our Submissions Page for more information!
      http://www.puritan-magazine.com/submissions.php