essays sought about national parks in US Eastern Region

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013
      Permanent Vacation: Volume 2, The East

      http://www.bonafidebooks.com/permanent-vacation-east/

      Bona Fide Books seeks literary essays for a collection about life and work in our national parks. In Volume 1, we read tales of grizzly encounters and streaking through Denali, personal relationships with temperamental elk and the dirty truth behind housekeeping in Yellowstone. Now, we seek stories from parks east of the Mississippi, from Acadia to the Everglades, from the Smokies to Shenandoah. Whether you spent your time on the trail or alligator-proofing your cabin, we would love to read your experiences, cerebral and corporeal alike. Please note, contributors have lived or worked in the parks.

      We welcome tree-hugging epiphanies and reflections on the daily grind. We want to hear the societal, environmental, and existential implications of living in the park. What happened there, and how did it influence your life?

      Each writer will receive $100 for their essay and one copy of the collection.
      We are accepting submissions through September 1. Please submit via e-mail to

      submissionsATbonafidebooksDOTcom

      If you are sending hard copy, mail to:

      Bona Fide Books
      P.O. Box 550278
      Tahoe Paradise, CA 96155

      Bona Fide Books seeks literary essays for a collection about life and work in our national parks. In Volume 1, we read tales of grizzly encounters and streaking through Denali, personal relationships with temperamental elk and the dirty truth behind housekeeping in Yellowstone. Now, we seek stories from parks east of the Mississippi, from Acadia to the Everglades, from the Smokies to Shenandoah. Whether you spent your time on the trail or alligator-proofing your cabin, we would love to read your experiences, cerebral and corporeal alike. Please note, contributors have lived or worked in the parks.

      We welcome tree-hugging epiphanies and reflections on the daily grind. We want to hear the societal, environmental, and existential implications of living in the park. What happened there, and how did it influence your life?

      Each writer will receive $100 for their essay and one copy of the collection. For more about Permanent Vacation, Volumne 1: The West and its contributors, click here.