call for submissions; Union Station

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      We are delighted to announce our first ever guest editors for the Prose and Photography components of Issue nO.9. Stacia L. Brown will be joining us as guest editor for Prose andJonathan Weiskopf will be our guest editor for Photography.

      Stacia L. Brown is a mother, a writer and a college writing instructor. Her work has appeared in The Atlantic, The Huffington Post, Salon, and PostBourgie. Her writing has also been featured in the anthologies It’s All Love: Black Writers on Soul Mates, Family, and Friends, Reverie: Midwest African American Literature, Laboring Positions: Black Women, Mothering, and the Academy, as well as at The Daily Beast, The Root, The Grio, and Racialicious.

      Her short story, “Shhh,” was featured here at Union Station Magazine and subsequently nominated for the 2011 Dzanc Best of the Web anthology.

      Jonathan Weiskopf is a visual artist living in Brooklyn. He is a graduate of the School of Visual Arts BFA Photography program and was the sole 2012 recipient of the prestigious Royal College of Art Award. His first book, 'For Some Time Now: Performance Poets of New York City' was self published and released in April 2012, coinciding with an exhibition of his photographs at the legendary Nuyorican Poets Cafe. His current work focuses on the intersections of written language, abstraction and visual representation.

      For specific details regarding our submission guidelines, please follow the link here:

      https://unionstation.submittable.com/submit

      The reading period for Issue nO.9 will close on July 20th, 2013.