flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10 7:58 PM
      Subject: flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

      Dear Ms. Joseph:

      I'm writing in the hope you can post thebelow contest announcement. By the way, bravoto you for requesting that people not send you LinkedIn invitations. I know theycan be such a distraction. Thanks for all your good work!

      David Bright, Editor

      Gemini Magazine

      Here’s the announcement:

      We are pleased to announce the Fifth AnnualGemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest (www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html)

      GRANDPRIZE: $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each receive$25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2013 issue ofGemini.

      Maximumlength: 1,000 words. Deadline: August 31, 2013. Open to ANY subject, style or genre: experimental,mainstream, noir, fantasy, humor, erotica....Simply send your best, mostpowerful work.

      Why such a low entry fee? So EVERYONE can have a chance. Bothnew and experienced writers have won our contests. Entries are read blind.

      ENTRYFEE: just $4 ($3 for each additional flash). Enter by email or snail mail. Fulldetails at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

      Message 2 of 11 , May 22, 2015

        Knock us out in 1,000 words or less! The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Seventh Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

        Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

        Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

        Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
        www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

        To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the 38 previous winners/finalists as well as the 26 winners/finalists from our Short Story Contests at the above link.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2016

          The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Eighth Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2016 issue of Gemini.

          Send us a complete story in 1,000 words or less. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

          Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

          Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
          www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

          To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the dozens of previous winners/finalists from our Flash Fiction and Short Story Contests at the above link.
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 25, 2016

            The deadline for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is Wednesday, August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

            There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

            Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

            Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

          • CRWROPPS LIST
            Message 5 of 11 , May 14

              The deadline for the ninth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2017. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini.

              There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any writing style, subject or genre.

              Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

              Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at
              www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html
              .
            • CRWROPPS LIST
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 14

                • 9th Annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest
                • Deadline: August 31, 2017
                  Surprise us. Shock us. Make us fall in love in a complete story of 1,000 words or less! Grand prize: $1,000. Second prize: $100. Four honorable mentions: $25 each. Low entry fee of $5. Any subject, style, or genre. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini. Check out any of the four dozen previous winners and finalists to see what we like. www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html