Submissions sought from North Carolina poets: The Southern Poetry Anthology, Volume VII

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      Subject: Submissions sought from North Carolina poets: The Southern Poetry Anthology, Volume VII

      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: THE SOUTHERN POETRY ANTHOLOGY, VOLUME VII: NORTH CAROLINA

      DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2014

      Editors William Wright, Jesse Graves, and Paul Ruffin now seek submissions for
      the seventh in our series, THE SOUTHERN POETRY ANTHOLOGY, featuring North
      Carolina poets. The anthology will be published by Texas Review Press in 2014.

      If you are a North Carolina native, or if you have lived in North Carolina for
      more than one year, please feel free to send up to five poems for consideration.
      This anthology is not limited to those who have published before; we invite
      first-time submitters as well as those who have had full-length works of poetry
      published with national presses. The only rules: Poems must be original and of
      high quality.

      We consider formal poems and free verse. Poems about North Carolina are not
      necessarily championed over other motifs and themes, as we wish for the "sense
      of
      place" to manifest in different ways, with different voices.

      Please note that the success of this anthology depends a great deal on word of
      mouth. Notifyyour poetry students, poetry-writing friends, and gifted nemeses
      of this opportunity.

      SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:

      Please submit your poems electronically to Series Editor, William Wright, at
      vercimberAThotmailDOTcom
      vercimber@... and Jesse Graves, Volume Co-editor at

      gravesj@...
      gravesjATmailDOTetsuDOTedu
      .
      Please type "North Carolina Poetry Submission" as your subject heading,
      theninclude your first and last names in parentheses. For example: North
      Carolina
      Poetry Submission (William Wright). Unfortunately, snail-mail submissions arenot
      an option given the nature of our editing process.

      Please include a short cover letter within the text of the e-mail, as well as
      the names of the poems submitted. Submit a maximum of five poems, and ensure
      that the poems are sent in .rtf (Rich Text Format), .doc (Word 1997-2003), or
      .docx (Word 2007, 2010, 2012, etc.) format. Please include all submitted poems
      in only one attachment (this is important).

      All submissions should include a recent bio (up to 150 words) after the poems,
      on a separate page. Please italicize names of publications.

      We welcome both new and previously published work. However, if poems have been
      previously published, submitters must hold rights to them and provide full
      publication data (journal and/or book publisher, title of book/journal if
      applicable, date of publication). Finally, please make sure that each submission
      includes a preferred e-mail address and street mailing address within the text
      of the e-mail and on at least one page of the attached submission.

      Thank you for your attention. We look forward to reading your work.

      William Wright, Ph.D.
      Contributing Editor, Shenandoah
      Series Editor, The Southern Poetry Anthology
      Founding Editor, Town Creek Poetry