Narrative Poetry Contest announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013
      Subject: Narrative Poetry Contest announcement

      Announcing: Naugatuck River Review’s 5th Annual NARRATIVE POETRY CONTEST

      Contest Submission Period: July 1st through September 1st

      First prize is $1000 and publication in NRR
      Second prize $250 and publication in NRR
      Third prize of  $100 and publication in NRR

      All winners, finalists and semi-finalists will be offered publication in the Winter 2014 issue of Naugatuck River Review.
      Contest deadline is September 1st, 2013 at midnight.

      Electronic submissions ONLY will be accepted through our Submission Manager.
      $20 contest fee per group of 3 poems, payable through PAYPAL or credit card.

      GO TO OUR CONTEST PAGE TO READ FULL GUIDELINES AND SUBMIT at http://naugatuckriverreview.com/contest

      Judge for 5th Annual Contest:  Susan Deer Cloud

      Susan Deer Cloud is the author of five books of poems, most recently Borscht Belt Indian, New and Selected and Braiding Starlight. She has edited a multicultural anthology, Confluence. Her work has been published in journals such as Rosebud, Prairie Schooner, Mid-American Review and in anthologies including Sister Nations. She has received a fellowship from New York State Foundation for the Arts.

      All poems will be considered for publication. Contest deadline is September 1st, 2013 at midnight.
      Electronic submissions ONLY will be accepted through our Submission Manager.
      $20 contest fee per group of 3 poems, payable through PAYPAL or credit card.

      Naugatuck River Review is dedicated to publishing great narrative poetry. We are open to many styles of poetry, looking for narrative that sings, which means the poem has a strong emotional core and the narrative is compressed. There is a 50 line limit. We publish twice a year, Winter and Summer. The Winter issue is the contest edition.