fiction writing/MFA Program director job: Roosevelt Univ.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2007
      Institution:Roosevelt University
      Location: Chicago, IL

      Application Due: 11/30/2007

      Roosevelt University, a national leader in educating socially conscious
      citizens, is a student-centered university with more than 7,000 students studying
      at comprehensive campuses in downtown Chicago and northwest suburban
      Schaumburg. Founded in 1945 on the principles of inclusion and academic freedom,
      Roosevelt University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
      qualified applicants.

      Roosevelt University invites applications for a tenure-track position as
      fiction writer and director of our thriving creative writing program, to begin
      Fall 2008. We seek candidates with at least one book of fiction from a major or
      midlist press; additional publications in creative non-fiction are highly
      desirable, and candidates should be prepared to teach MFA workshops in both areas.
      We seek strong leadership and vision for our MFA program, which draws students
      from across the nation, and for our growing undergraduate creative writing
      concentration. Applicants should be prepared to teach workshops and literature
      courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, supervise MFA theses,
      and administer our growing reading series.

      The standard teaching load is six courses per year on the semester system,
      with an average literature class size of 20 and graduate workshop size of 10;
      the successful candidate will receive course reassignments for administrative
      duties.

      MFA or PhD in hand by August 15, 2008.
      Application Information
      Contact: