Muzzle Magazine: Call for Poetry Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2013
      Subject: Muzzle Magazine: Call for Poetry Submissions

      Muzzle Magazine?is currently looking for a few more poems for our Summer 2013 Issue (scheduled for mid-to-late August) and also are looking for pieces for our Fall 2013 Issue. In addition to poetry, we also publish visual art, poetry book reviews, and interviews with poets.?Here is a link to our submission guidelines:?http://www. muzzlemagazine.com/ submissions.html

      Muzzle was the only online literary magazine to be named one of the Top 10 Best New Magazines of 2010 by Library Journal. We also recently were lucky enough to have one of our Pushcart Nominations ("Last Call" by Saeed Jones) awarded a Pushcart Prize. Additionally, since May 2012, we have had three poets featured as Verse Daily's "Weekly Web Feature."

      As a bit of background on the magazine, Muzzle was founded in May 2010 with the vision of creating a space where the work of poets from different communities and aesthetics could be presented together. Originally, we were looking to bring together the worlds of academia and the poetry slam, but we have moved in an exciting direction that has included showcasing poets from many other walks of life as well. Thus far, we have published ten issues and have grown from a one-woman operation to a 16-member editorial board.