Call for submissions: Siren

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 9:53 AM
      Subject: Call for submissions: Siren

      Siren is a new webzine looking for artists of all genres who create edgy and experimental work. We want work that pushes boundaries, that surprises in terms of structure and content, that provokes a visceral response. We want to be shocked. We want to blush. We want Art that is provocative, raw and beautiful. We want Art with wings, teeth, claws.
      We are taking submissions from artists of all genres. This includes but is not limited to poetry, flash fiction, humor, short stories, photography, erotica, and visual art. We would also like to include artists who create short films, music, audio, and graphic media.
      Siren will be released bi-annually. The submission deadline for the first issue is July 8, 2013.
      To submit, send an email to

      sirenwebzineATgmailDOTcom
        sirenwebzine@... with the type of submission and your last name in the subject line. Please include your contact information, a short bio, and your submission in the body of the email. Our guidelines are as follows: Poetry – 3 poems max. Prose – 1500 words max. Audio/Visual Media – 3 to 5 minutes max. Visual Art – 3 images max.
      Unfortunately, we are not able to pay our artists for their work at this time. As an online zine, your work will be free to all who visit the site. You retain all rights to your work. For more details, visit Siren at sirenzine.wordpress.com