writing organization seeks board of director member

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013
      The Zora Neale Hurston/Richard Wright Foundation

      Member of the Board ofDirectors

      Call for Applications

      The Zora Neale Hurston/ Richard Wright Foundation (Hurston/Wright)is a literary cultural institution that discovers, educates, develops andmentors Black writers at all stages of their careers. Our work includesyear-round workshops for adult and teenage writers, an annual gala honoring thebest of the best in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. And a variety ofprogramming that seeks to preserve and forward a vibrant understanding andappreciation of Black writers and their contribution to the World.

      Hurston/Wright is currently seeking dynamic leaders who care aboutliterature and educating and training the next generation of writers to serveon its Board of Directors.

      We’re asking applicants to submit a cover letter stating yourinterest in serving in the key areas of the board/organization’s need and a professionalbio and/or resume. Your cover letter should explicitly state your interest inthe Hurston/Wright Foundation while detailing what skills/expertise you have tocontribute to the Foundation.

      We are especially interested of directors to join our Board withbackgrounds and close ties to NonprofitManagement, Development, Fundraising, Law, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Banking/Finance,Hospitality, Media, Education, and Technology.

      Please forward your materials as one document, preferably a PDF byAugust 1, 2013 via email to infoAThurstonwrightDOTorg

      info@... and please cc Board member Abdul Ali of the Board Member Outreach Committee at abdul_aliATverzionDOTnet

      abdul_ali@.... You may also snail mail your materials to: 1134 – 7Th Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002. Address the cover letter to the Board MemberOutreach Committee. You will receive a response from the Executive Directorwithin 15 working days from receipt of your materials.