poetry contest: Rattle

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
      The 2013 Rattle Poetry Prize
      Deadline: July 15, 2013

      for complete guidelines:
      http://www.rattle.com/poetry/prize/guidelines/

      The annual Rattle Poetry Prize offers $5,000 for a single poem to be
      published in the winter issue of the magazine. Ten finalists will also
      receive $100 each and publication, and be eligible for the $1,000
      Readers’ Choice Award, to be selected by subscriber and entrant vote.

      Additional poems from the entries are frequently offered publication as
      well. In 2012 we published 19 poems that had been submitted to the
      contest from over 1,800 entries.

      With the winners judged in a blind review by the editors to ensure a
      fair and consistent selection, an entry fee that is simply a one-year
      subscription to the magazine—and now a large Readers’ Choice Award to
      be chosen by the writers themselves—we’ve designed the Rattle Poetry
      Prize to be one of the most writer-friendly contests around.