2013 RopeWalk Press Editor’s Fiction Chapbook Prize
RopeWalk Press will award a prize of $1000, publication, and 25 complimentary copies for the best fiction chapbook submitted under the following guidelines.
· Postmark deadline: June 15, 2013.
· Page limit: 45 manuscript pages (double-spaced) per each individual submission. These pages may be comprised of a single short story, multiple short stories, novellas, or stand-alone novel excerpts.
· Entry fee: $20 ($5 for each additional manuscript submitted at the same time). This fee is non-refundable. Make check or money order payable to RopeWalk Press or pay with credit card with online submission (http://www.usi.edu/ropewalk/RopeWalk_Press.asp)
· Manuscript specifics: Author’s name, address, email, and phone should appear on the first page of the manuscript; title and page number on all subsequent pages. If the manuscript includes more than one short story, include a table of contents. Include an acknowledgments page listing previous publication of included works, if applicable. Your manuscript must be available for exclusive book-length publication by RopeWalk Press. Stories, novellas, or stand-alone excerpts published individually in journals or magazines may be submitted, but the writer must hold copyright. Previously self-published chapbooks and translations are not eligible.
· All submissions will be considered for publication. All themes and/or subject matters are eligible. All rights revert to the writer upon publication.
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the manuscript is published/accepted by another press while under consideration, the author must promptly notify RWP in writing to withdraw the entry.
· All manuscripts will be recycled.
· Include a #10 SASE for announcement of contest results.
· Results will also be posted on the RWP website by September 15, 2013.
Send all entries to:
Nicole Louise Reid, Editor
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN 47712
If you have questions regarding the RopeWalk Press Editor’s Fiction Chapbook Prize, emailnreid@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]