literary contest: the Puritan

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      http://www.puritan-magazine.com/submissions.php
      THE THOMAS MORTON PRIZE IS BACK!

      The Puritan is proud to announce the return of our online literary contest!

      The Second Annual Thomas Morton Memorial Prize in Literary Excellence recognizes the best in fiction and poetry received in 2013. The winners in the fields of fiction and poetry will each receive a generous prize package including monetary compensation as well as a collection of books from 12 of Canada's most celebrated publishers (a mega-boost to the neglected library).

      The winning entries will also appear in The Puritan Issue XXIII: Fall 2013 and be honoured at our launch party, Black Thursday.

      Be the second pair of writers to pin the longest literary prize title onto your lists of accolades. Brave the frontier today!

      Bounties & Details
      Fiction: $900 / Poetry: $600 (an increase of $500 since last year!)
      Publication in The Puritan (Issue XXIII: Fall 2013)
      Prize Pack of titles from 12 Canadian publishers, each worth approximately $600! So far, publishers include Coach House Books, House of Anansi, ECW Press, The Porcupine's Quill, Freehand Books, Goose Lane Editions, Cormorant Books, Brick Books, Mansfield Press, Pedlar Press, Chaudiere Books, and Tightrope Books! Watch for this list to GROW in the next few weeks!
      Cost per submission: $10 via PayPal

      Fiction up to 12,000 words / Poetry up to 3 pages

      Multiple submissions accepted!

      Deadline: Sept. 30, 2013

      See full details on our Submissions Page:
      http://www.puritan-magazine.com/submissions.php

      --

      The Puritan: Frontiers of New English
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada