literary contest (no entry fee): A&U Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 12:37 PM
      Fiction/Poetry/Drama/Nonfiction contest deadline extended: A&U Magazine
      http://aumag.org/wordpress/
      We have extended our deadline to June 10!!

      A&U Magazine celebrates our 22nd year with the announcement of the first annual Christopher Hewitt Literary Award.

      Christopher Hewitt Literary Award

      This year marks A&U's first annual contest in fiction, poetry, drama, and creative nonfiction. The winner in each genre will receive a $50 prize and will have his/her work featured in A&U's annual Summer Reading Issue. Winners will be selected by our editors. If any genre lacks a clear winner, fewer than four awards may be given. All entries will be considered for publication.

      A&U is a national HIV/AIDS magazine with a focus on advocacy, prevention and care, and literature and the arts. Our annual Summer Reading Issues have featured cover story interviews with Tony Kushner, Gore Vidal, E. Lynn Harris, and others; each month we publish work by established and emerging writers including Emanuel Xavier, Patrick Donnelly, and Julie E. Bloemeke. For more on A&U visit www.aumag.org.

      Guidelines:

      -All submissions must be related directly or indirectly to HIV/AIDS, including but not limited to personal, historical, international, and political perspectives on HIV/AIDS.

      -Poetry can be any length/style; Fiction, Drama, and Creative Nonfiction (includes essays/memoirs) should be no longer than 1200 words. Excerpts from longer works are accepted.

      -Email submissions as Word or PDF attachments to aumaglit [at] gmail [dot] com. Include your name and title of the piece(s) in the subject heading of your email. Do NOT include your name on the manuscript itself.

      Multiple submissions accepted. Deadline is June 10, 2013. There is no entry fee.