peace poetry contest: Nuclear Age Peace Foundation

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
      2013 Barbara Mandigo Kelly
      Peace Poetry Awards

      http://www.wagingpeace.org/menu/programs/awards-&-contests/bmk-contest/bmk_2013_flyer.pdf
      An annual series of awards to encourage poets to explore and illuminate positive visions of peace and the human spirit

      ELIGIBILITY: Thecontestisopentopeopleworldwide.Poemsmustbeoriginal,unpublished,andinEnglish. AWARDS: DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked by July 1, 2013
      Adults - $1,000
      Youth (13 to 18) - $200 Youth (12 and under) - $200
      We award Honorable Mentions in each category.
      PROCEDURES:
      1. Send 2 copies of up to 3 typed unpublished poems. Maximum of 30 lines per poem.
      2. Include name, address, email, telephone number, and age (if youth) in upper right hand corner of one copy of each poem.
      3. Title each poem.
      4. Do not staple individual poems together.
      5. Please keep copies of all entries as we will be unable to return them.
      Any entry that does not adhere to ALL of the contest rules will not be considered for a prize.
      FEE: $15 for up to three poems for Adult entries.*
      $5 for up to three poems for Youth (13 to 18) entries. No fee for Youth (12 and under) entries.
      JUDGING:
      Judging will be done by a committee of poets selected by the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. Copies of the winning poems from previous years are posted on our website at: http://www.wagingpeace.org/menu/programs/awards-&-contests/bmk-contest
      SEND ENTRIES TO:
      Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
      Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Awards PMB 121, 1187 Coast Village Road, Suite 1 Santa Barbara, CA 93108-2794
      PUBLICATION:
      WINNERS:
      Winners and Honorable Mentions will be announced by October 1, 2013 on the Foundation's Website. Winners will be notified by mail.
      The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation reserves the right to publish and distribute the award winning poems, including honorable mentions.
      BOOK OFFER:
      * Adult entrants, please include an additional $10.00 if you would like to receive a copy of Never Enough Flowers: The Poetry of Peace II, a collection of first place and honorable mention poems of the Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Awards from the years 2003-2010.
      Nuclear Age Peace Foundation ● www.wagingpeace.org Tel: 805-965-3443 ● wagingpeace@...