poetry/fiction/nonfiction contest: Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
      COR's Annual Literary Contests
      $2,000 prize in each category

      https://craborchardreview.submittable.com/submit

      The Richard Peterson Poetry Prize

      The Jack Dyer Fiction Prize

      The John Guyon Literary Nonfiction Prize

      One winner and two finalists will be chosen in each category. The three
      category winners will be published and receive a $2,000 prize, and the fi
      nalists offered publication (with a payment of $500) in the
      Winter/Spring issue of Crab Orchard Review. The winners and finalists
      will also be announced in the March/April POETS & WRITERS and on the
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW Website.

      Contest Guidelines for online entries (visit the Crab Orchard Review
      website for instructions for postal entries):

      Online entries should be sent through Submittable (there is an
      additional $2.50 processing fee for online entries, making the entry fee
      for each online entry $22.50).

      Entries must be previously unpublished*, original work written in
      English by a United States citizen or permanent resident (current
      students and employees at Southern Illinois University Carbondale are
      not eligible). The author's name should not appear on any page for
      online entries.

      All online entries must be submitted between March 1, 2013 and the end
      of May 4, 2013 (online entries will be accepted until 11:59:59 PM (CDT)
      on May 4, 2013). Online submissions will receive notification of the
      results by email.

      *We have had people ask about what is eligible as unpublished work and
      at CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW we define "unpublished" as work that has not been
      published by an online or print publication and is not currently
      accepted for such publication; we do allow work that has been posted
      online by the writer (though we will ask that the work be taken down
      until after the time it is published in CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW) or is
      available online as part of a thesis or dissertation required for the
      completion of a degree. Simultaneous submissions are considered for the
      Annual Literary Contests, but the winning entries must meet the criteria
      as unpublished work described here.

      Entry Guidelines (there is no theme for the Literary Prize entries; just
      send your best work):

      Poetry entries should consist of 3 poems; 100 line limit per poem.

      Prose entry length: up to 6000 words for fiction and up to 6500 words
      for literary nonfiction.

      One poetry entry (3 poems; 100 line limit per poem), one story entry in
      fiction, or one essay entry in literary nonfiction per $22.50 online
      entry fee; a writer may send up to three entries in one genre or a total
      of three entries if entering all competitions.

      Entry fee: $22.50 for each online entry (remember that a Poetry entry is
      3 poems; 100 line limit per poem).

      Each fee entitles entrant to one copy of the 2014 Winter/Spring issue of
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, which will include the winners of these
      competitions, and one copy of the 2014 Summer/Fall issue of CRAB ORCHARD
      REVIEW, our special issue "The West and Beyond." If you submit two
      entries, we will extend your subscription an additional year; if you
      submit three entries, we will extend your subscription two additional
      years (online entries $22.50 each).
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 22, 2015

        COR's Annual Literary Contests

        https://craborchardreview.submittable.com/submit

        The Richard Peterson Poetry Prize

        The Jack Dyer Fiction Prize

        The John Guyon Literary Nonfiction Prize

        $2,000 and publication to each genre winner

        (finalists are offered $500 and publication)

        All Entries must be submitted through
        SUBMITTABLE

        February 21, 2015 - April 30, 2015 (extended deadline)

        Entry Fee: $15.00 per entry -

        All entrants with a U.S. postal address receive a copy of the issue featuring COR's Annual Literary Contests winners ($14.00 value; $1.00 for Submittable service)

        BELOW ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR THIS YEAR'S COR LITERARY CONTESTS :
        One winner and at least two finalists will be chosen in each category (there is no theme for the Literary Prize entries; just send your best work). The three category winners will be published and the finalists offered publication (with a payment of $500) in the next Winter/Spring issue of CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW. The winners and finalists will also be announced on the CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW Website and in the following year's March/April POETS & WRITERS.
        The submission period for this year's prize competitions is February 21, 2015 through April 30, 2015 (extended deadline). Entries must be previously unpublished*, original work written in English by a United States citizen or permanent resident (current students and employees at Southern Illinois University Carbondale are not eligible). The author's name should not appear on any page.
        *We have had people ask about what is eligible as unpublished work and at CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW we define "unpublished" as work that has not been published by an online or print publication and is not currently accepted for such publication; we do allow work that has been posted online by the writer (though we will ask that the work be taken down until after the time it is published in CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW) or is available online as part of a thesis or dissertation required for the completion of a degree. Simultaneous submissions are considered for the COR's Annual Literary Contests, but the winning entries and finalists must meet the criteria as unpublished work described here to be eligible for the awards and publication.
        All entries must be submitted online between February 21, 2015 and the end of April 21, 2015 (entries will be accepted online until 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Daylight Saving Time) on April 30, 2015 (extended deadline)). All entrants will receive notification of the results by email by June 30, 2015.
        All entries will also be considered for publication in the Winter/Spring 2016 issue. Regular CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW contributor’s payment rates ($25 (US) per magazine page. $50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) apply to any accepted work that is not a genre winner or finalist.
        We hope to make all editorial decisions for the issue by the end of July 2015.
        SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSION: Entries may be under consideration elsewhere, but CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW must be informed immediately if a submission is accepted for publication. Entry fees will not be refunded for submissions withdrawn by the author.

        GUIDELINES:
        Poetry entries should consist of one poem up to five pages in length.
        Prose entry length: up to 6000 words for fiction and up to 6500 words for literary nonfiction.
        The author's name should not appear on any page of the entry.
        One COR Annual Literary Contest poetry entry, or one story entry in fiction, or one essay entry in literary nonfiction per $15.00 online entry fee. You may enter in each genre up to three times if you wish; you may also enter as many genres as you wish.

        We will send you a copy of the 2016 Winter/Spring issue of CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, which will include the winners of these competitions, to a U.S. postal address for your first entry and extend your subscription beyond that according to the number of entries you have. Due to the extremely high cost of International Mail and uncertainty of successful delivery, individuals entering from overseas will need to provide a United States postal address to receive a copy of the issue.

        All entries must be made through our Submittable system.    https://craborchardreview.submittable.com/submit
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 21, 2016

          Entry portal:

          https://craborchardreview.submittable.com/submit

          COR's Annual Literary

          The Richard Peterson Poetry Prize

          The Jack Dyer Fiction Prize

          The John Guyon Literary

          Nonfiction Prize

                            ~

          $2,000 and publication

          to each genre winner

          (finalists are offered $500 for publication)

          February 21, 2016 – May 2, 2016 deadline extended
          Entry Fee: $15.00 per entry
          All entrants with a U.S. postal address receive a copy of the 2017 double issue published in June 2017, featuring COR's Annual Literary Contests winners ($20.00 value)

          One winner and at least two finalists will be chosen in each category (there is no theme for the Literary Prize entries; just send your best work). The three category winners will be published and the finalists offered publication (with a payment of $500) in the next double issue of CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, Volume 22, Nos. 1 & 2. The expected publication date of that issue is June 2017. The winners and finalists will also be announced on the CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW Website and in the following year's March/April POETS & WRITERS.
          The submission period for this year's prize competitions is February 21, 2016 through May 2, 2016 deadline extended. Entries must be previously unpublished*, original work written in English by a United States citizen, permanent resident, or person who has DACA/TPS status (current students and employees at Southern Illinois University Carbondale are not eligible). The author's name should not appear on any page.
          *We have had people ask about what is eligible as unpublished work and at CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW we define "unpublished" as work that has not been published by an online or print publication and is not currently accepted for such publication; we do allow work that has been posted online by the writer (though we will ask that the work be taken down until after the time it is published in CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW) or is available online as part of a thesis or dissertation required for the completion of a degree. Simultaneous submissions are considered for the COR's Annual Literary Contests, but the winning entries and finalists must meet the criteria as unpublished work described here to be eligible for the awards and publication.
          All entries must be submitted online between February 21, 2016 and the end of May 2, 2016 deadline extended (entries will be accepted online until 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Daylight Saving Time) on May 2, 2016 deadline extended). All entrants will receive notification of the results by email by June 30, 2016.
          All entries will also be considered for publication in the next double issue of CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, Volume 22, Nos. 1 & 2. The expected publication date of that issue is June 2017. Regular CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW contributor’s payment rates ($25 (US) per magazine page. $50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) apply to any accepted work that is not a genre winner or finalist.
          We hope to make all editorial decisions for the issue by the end of July 2016.
          SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSION: Entries may be under consideration elsewhere, but CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW must be informed immediately if a submission is accepted for publication. Entry fees will not be refunded for submissions withdrawn by the author.

          GUIDELINES:
          Poetry entries should consist of one poem up to five pages in length.
          Prose entry length: up to 6000 words for fiction and up to 6500 words for literary nonfiction.
          The author's name should not appear on any page of the entry.
          One COR Annual Literary Contest poetry entry, or one story entry in fiction, or one essay entry in literary nonfiction per $15.00 online entry fee. You may enter in each genre up to three times if you wish; you may also enter as many genres as you wish.

          We will send you the next double issue of CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, Volume 21, Nos. 1 & 2, which will include the winners of these competitions, to a U.S. postal address for your first entry and additional copies of that issue beyond that according to the number of entries you have. The expected publication date of that issue is June 2016. Due to the extremely high cost of International Mail and uncertainty of successful delivery, individuals entering from overseas will need to provide a United States postal address to receive a copy of the issue.