poetry/fiction/nonfiction contest: Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2013
      COR's Annual Literary Contests
      $2,000 prize in each category

      https://craborchardreview.submittable.com/submit

      The Richard Peterson Poetry Prize

      The Jack Dyer Fiction Prize

      The John Guyon Literary Nonfiction Prize

      One winner and two finalists will be chosen in each category. The three
      category winners will be published and receive a $2,000 prize, and the fi
      nalists offered publication (with a payment of $500) in the
      Winter/Spring issue of Crab Orchard Review. The winners and finalists
      will also be announced in the March/April POETS & WRITERS and on the
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW Website.

      Contest Guidelines for online entries (visit the Crab Orchard Review
      website for instructions for postal entries):

      Online entries should be sent through Submittable (there is an
      additional $2.50 processing fee for online entries, making the entry fee
      for each online entry $22.50).

      Entries must be previously unpublished*, original work written in
      English by a United States citizen or permanent resident (current
      students and employees at Southern Illinois University Carbondale are
      not eligible). The author's name should not appear on any page for
      online entries.

      All online entries must be submitted between March 1, 2013 and the end
      of May 4, 2013 (online entries will be accepted until 11:59:59 PM (CDT)
      on May 4, 2013). Online submissions will receive notification of the
      results by email.

      *We have had people ask about what is eligible as unpublished work and
      at CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW we define "unpublished" as work that has not been
      published by an online or print publication and is not currently
      accepted for such publication; we do allow work that has been posted
      online by the writer (though we will ask that the work be taken down
      until after the time it is published in CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW) or is
      available online as part of a thesis or dissertation required for the
      completion of a degree. Simultaneous submissions are considered for the
      Annual Literary Contests, but the winning entries must meet the criteria
      as unpublished work described here.

      Entry Guidelines (there is no theme for the Literary Prize entries; just
      send your best work):

      Poetry entries should consist of 3 poems; 100 line limit per poem.

      Prose entry length: up to 6000 words for fiction and up to 6500 words
      for literary nonfiction.

      One poetry entry (3 poems; 100 line limit per poem), one story entry in
      fiction, or one essay entry in literary nonfiction per $22.50 online
      entry fee; a writer may send up to three entries in one genre or a total
      of three entries if entering all competitions.

      Entry fee: $22.50 for each online entry (remember that a Poetry entry is
      3 poems; 100 line limit per poem).

      Each fee entitles entrant to one copy of the 2014 Winter/Spring issue of
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, which will include the winners of these
      competitions, and one copy of the 2014 Summer/Fall issue of CRAB ORCHARD
      REVIEW, our special issue "The West and Beyond." If you submit two
      entries, we will extend your subscription an additional year; if you
      submit three entries, we will extend your subscription two additional
      years (online entries $22.50 each).