Gazing Grain Press: Inclusive feminist chapbook contest call for submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      Subject: Gazing Grain Press: Inclusive feminist chapbook contest call
      for submissions

      http://gazinggrainpress.wordpress.com/
      submissions link:
      https://fftbchapbookcontest.submittable.com/submit

      Gazing Grain Press, an inclusive feminist press sponsored by the Fall
      for the Book literary festival, seeks submissions for its annual
      chapbook contest.  Writers of any gender or sexuality are welcome to
      submit.

      Judge: Cathy Park Hong
      Genres accepted: Poetry and hybrid texts

      Reading Period: March 15—June 1, 2013
      Length: 15-25 page manuscripts (not including front and back matter)
      Reading fees begin at $16, with options for discounted catalog titles.
      Submit via Submittable:
      https://fftbchapbookcontest.submittable.com/submit
      .This contest promotes feminist poetics to and by writers of all
      genders and sexualities. We are interested in work that explores ideas
      of identities as connected to gender, sexuality, race and ethnicity,
      culture, and ability. We have no one “definition” of feminism, and we
      welcome challenging texts.

      The winner of the contest receives chapbook publication, contributor
      copies, and an invitation to read at the Fall for the Book literary
      festival (including accommodation and travel within the continental
      U.S.).

      Full guidelines and more details at our website.  Please direct
      questions to gazinggrainpressATgmailDOTcom.

      gazinggrainpress.wordpress.com