The Fourth River Themed Issue Call for Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      http://fourthriver.chatham.edu/index.php/submit

      The Fourth River Special Themed Issue on Women and Nature Opens for
      Submissions on May 15!

      In honor of the 35th year since the publication of Susan Griffin's
      eco-feminist classic Woman and Nature:  the Roaring Inside Her, The
      Fourth River announces a 2014 themed issue on Women and Nature.  We are
      looking for poetry and creative nonfiction, written by women, inspired
      by the natural world or addressing environmental concerns.  Although we
      will accept lined poems and traditional essays, we are most interested
      in seeing prose poetry or lyric essays.In the words of Adrienne Rich,
      who reviewed Griffin's book, we are looking for any work that "demands
      of us activity, not passivity; which enlarges our sense of female
      presence in the world; . . . which uses language and sensual imagery to
      impart a new vision of reality, from a woman-centered location; . . .
      which expands our sense of the connections among us in the bonds of
      history; . . . which drives us wild, that is, helps us break out from
      tameness and repetition into new trajectories of our own." -- Adrienne
      Rich, New Woman's Times Feminist Review.
      Submission period is May 15-Dec 15.
      Check the Fourth River website for more details on submissions.  We
      will also be accepting material for a general issue so please make sure
      that you identify your submission as for the "Women and Nature" issue.

      http://fourthriver.chatham.edu/index.php/submit

      --
      Dakota GarilliManaging Editor
      The Fourth River