Call for Poets who live or work in DC, MD, VA, WV, or DE

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      Subject: Call for Poets who live or work in DC, MD, VA, WV, or DE

      Beltway Poetry Quarterly seeks prose poems for a special all-prose poem
      issue. We are open to an expansive definition of the prose poem, but
      work submitted should be a poem or poems and should feel organically
      and intrinsically that it needs to be in the form of a block of text
      rather than a lined poem. Please submit up to five single-spaced prose
      poems of under 750 words each. Poems may be previously published in
      print publications provided that copyright has reverted to the author
      (we can pay no permissions fees). Poems that have previously appeared
      on the web (in journals, newsletters, blogs, etc.) are not eligible.
      Poets must live or work in DC, MD, VA, WV, or DE to be eligible.

      Reading Period: April 15 through May 15.
      Guest Editor: Abigail Beckel, co-founder and publisher of Rose Metal
      Press
      Online submissions: http://www.beltwaypoetry.com/about-us/submissions/