poetry book contest: Trio House Press

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      Terry Lucas, Associate Editor
      Trio House Press

      SUBMISSIONS  CLOSE APRIL 30th   at www.triohousepress.org.TrioHouse
      Pressgives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or Second Book
      foremerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit
      andExcellence for a book of poems contributing in an
      innovativeand distinct way to American poetry. The Louise Bogan Award
      for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to allpoets, regardless of
      publication history.  Each award winner receives$1000 and twenty copies
      of his or her book. Additionally, each winner mustserve as a Collective
      Member of Trio House Press for twenty-fourmonths after publication in
      order to assist with thepress and bringing more Trio books into
      print. Ourreading period for both awards is November 1st through April
      30th. Manuscripts received outside of this reading period will not be
      considered. Oursubmissions fee is $25 per manuscript for all award
      readingperiods.    We are anenvironmentally conscious press and only
      accept manuscripts through our onlinesubmissions manager on our web
      page.
      Joan Houlihan is the2012 judge for the Louise Bogan Award forArtistic
      Merit and Excellence andMihaela Moscaliuc is the 2012 judge for the
      TrioAward for First or Second Book of poems. Read their bios and submit
      by visiting our website at www.triohousepress.org
      Guidelines for Trio House Submissions·     The Trio Award for First or
      Second Book is onlyopen to poets with less than two books
      published.·     The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit andExcellence
      is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication
      history.·     Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, writtenin
      English by a poet residing within the U.S.·     Translations are not
      eligible for publication.·     Manuscripts must be sent in a
      single worddoc. or docx. file.·     Include a cover letter with your
      bio as thefirst page of your file.·     Include an acknowledgement page
      of individualpoems published.  The manuscript as a whole must not be
      previouslypublished.·     Include two cover pages, one with the title
      ofyour manuscript and your name and contact information, and one with
      only thetitle of your manuscript.  Your name or other identifying
      materials mustnot appear anywhere else upon your
      manuscript.·     Payment of $25 is required for all submissionsduring
      our award submissions period.·     Multiple award submissions are
      accepted as longas a $25 fee accompanies each award
      submission.·     Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long aswe are
      notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen
      elsewhere.·     Relatives and current or former students of thejudge
      are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest
      submissionsperiod.·     No edits can be made to manuscripts after
      yousubmit your manuscript.  However, if chosen for award or
      publication,edits can be made prior to final proofs.·     All award
      winners and poets published must serveas a Collective Member of Trio
      House Press for twenty-four monthsafter publication.  They must assist
      with the press and bringingmore Trio books into print. They must work
      on the Productionand Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales
      Committee, the EducationalDevelopment Committee, or the Fundraising and
      Marketing Committee.·     For more information about our press visit
      www.triohousepress.org.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20

[...]
         Kimiko Hahn is the judge for the 2015 Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Neil Shepard is the judge for the 2015 Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio information and to submit, visit our website at www.triohousepress.org
        Guidelines for Trio House Submissions
        ·         The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.
        ·         The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.
        ·         Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the U.S.
        ·         Translations are not eligible for publication.
        ·         Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or docx. file.
        ·         Include a cover letter with your bio as the first page of your file.
        ·         Include an acknowledgement page of individual poems published.  The manuscript as a whole must not be previously published.
        ·         Include two cover pages, one with the title of your manuscript, your name and contact information, and one with only the title of your manuscript.  Your name or other identifying materials must not appear anywhere else upon your manuscript.
        ·         Payment of $25 is required for all submissions during our award submissions period.
        ·         Multiple submissions for either or both awards are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each submission.
        ·         Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen elsewhere.
        ·         Relatives and current or former students of the judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest submissions period.
        ·         No edits can be made to manuscripts after you submit your manuscript.  However, if chosen for award or publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.
        ·         All award winners and poets published must serve as Collective Members of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication.  They must assist with the press and help bring more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing Committee.
        ·         For more information about our press visit www.triohousepress.org.