lit and creative writing position: UW-Parkside
- Assistant Professor of English
20th and 21st Century American Literature and Creative Writing - Poetry
The English Arts Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for a full-time (9 month) tenure track faculty member in English, with a focus in 20th and 21st Century American Literature and Creative Writing - Poetry beginning August 2013.
· Ph.D. or A.B.D. in English from an accredited university with strong scholarly activity or interest in 20th and 21st Century American Literature.
· A good record of teaching college-level literature and writing (including Creative Writing - Poetry)
· A good scholarly record or potential is required for the Assistant Professor position
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Expertise and/or teaching experience in 20th and 21st Century African American Literature
· Demonstrated experience and/or aptitude to work with a diverse student body
Essential Job Functions:
Teach a full array of English courses including freshman composition with an emphasis in 20th and 21st Century American Literature and Creative Writing - Poetry with a preference for expertise and/or teaching experience in 20th and 21st Century African American Literature. Perform curriculum review, assessment, and leadership in student learning. Provide academic and career advising and mentoring of students in various areas of interest. Participate in department meetings. Work with department in university and community outreach.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-PARKSIDE: The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to access, diversity, engagement, and academic excellence. It currently enrolls approximately 5,100 students, many of whom are first generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the ethnic and racial diversity of the communities it serves in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth counties. Located in northern Kenosha County in the Chicago-Milwaukee urban corridor, much of the University's 700-acre campus has been preserved in its natural wooded and prairie state. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
HOW TO APPLY: For full consideration, submit all materials by May 7th, 2013. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Applicants must submit the following:
· Letter of application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Three letters of recommendation
· Statement of teaching philosophy
Please send all materials electronically to Brandi Liantonio at liantoni@.... If it's necessary to send items through the mail send them to:
Attn: Brandi Liantonio
University of Wisconsin - Parkside
900 Wood Rd.
Kenosha, WI 53144
A criminal background check and degree verification will be required at the time of hire. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer.
Postal Address: University of Wisconsin - Parkside
900 Wood Road
Kenosha, WI 53141
Online App. Form: http://www.uwp.edu