call for submissions: Mantis

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2013
      Mantis: A Journal of Poetry, Criticism, and Translation is looking for original poetry, translations, and criticism for itstwelfth issue. An annual publication, Mantis is housed at the Division of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages at Stanford University. It seeks out the work oftalented poets, translators, and critics from around the world. Recent contributorshave included Ben Doller, Yoko Tawada, Megad Levad, John Felstiner, G.C.Waldrep, and Nonna Slepakova.

      Inpoetry, we’re interested in work from across a range of aesthetics, subjectmatters, and locales that is currently being written. We value evocativeimagery, a well-tuned ear, and an engagement with a poem’s shape or form. Intranslation we’re keen to expose our readers to compelling and unfamiliar work.We tend to choose translations by contemporary poets.

      Forfull submission guidelines (newly revised) and to propose a feature or bookreview, please see our website:

      https://www.stanford.edu/group/mantis/cgi-bin/

      Specificquestions can be addressed to mantispoetryATgmailDOTcom (Derek Mong), mantistranslationsATgmailDOTcom (Mark Bajus), mantisreviewsATgmailDOTcom (Chiyuma Elliott),or to our Managing Edtior (Virginia Ramos) via the website above.