museum of americana call for submissions

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
      From April 20th to May20th, the museum of americana will open to prose
      and art/photography submissions only.

      Please see our complete guidelines for a clearer picture of what we're
      after:

      http://themuseumofamericana.wordpress.com/submissions/

      And for the latest news and updates, you can follow us on Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/TheMuseumOfAmericana

      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2013
        Between June 1st and June 31st, the museum of americana will accept
        submissions of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, photography, art, reviews, and
        interviews for Issues Three and Four.

        We seek work that showcases and/or repurposes historical American culture. This
        is, of course, an enormous and diverse tub of spare parts, and we want to see if
        you can turn them into a hot rod. Give us fiction that dramatizes weird old folk
        songs or steals their characters. Give us love poetry that mixes language
        cribbed from The Federalist Papers with language cribbed from WWII propaganda
        posters. We want medicine shows and riverboats, Doo-Wop and Duke Snider. We
        want aspects of Americana we may not have even heard of yet.

        Please see our first two issues and our complete guidelines for a clearer
        picture of our aesthetic:

        http://themuseumofamericana.wordpress.com/submissions/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2014

          the museum of americana will be accepting fiction, nonfiction, and poetry submissions from June 1st to June 30th. We seek work that showcases and/or repurposes historical American culture. This is, of course, an enormous and diverse tub of spare parts, and we want to see if you can turn them into a hot rod. Give us fiction that dramatizes weird old folk songs or steals their characters. We want medicine shows and riverboats, Doo-Wop and Duke Snider. We want aspects of Americana we may not have even heard of yet.

          Feel free to spread the word, and for more information, please see our full guidelines.