fiction & nonfiction position: Our Lady of the Lake University

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013
      http://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?Jobcode=175738450&aID=&print=yes

      Our Lady of the Lake University ( www.ollusa.edu) is a Catholic
      university sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Providence. OLLU is
      located near beautiful downtown San Antonio, TX.
      Qualified individuals are invited to apply for a full-time non-tenure
      track assistant professor position in English. Faculty appointment
      begins August 2013 and requires a strong commitment to teaching at both
      the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applications will be accepted
      until May 2, 2013.

      Qualifications: Ph.D. in English required. Specialization in Writing
      Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction - An Americanist strongly preferred.
      The ideal candidate would be prepared to teach a variety of courses,
      including courses in composition and literature. In addition,
      experience working with a culturally diverse student population with a
      high percentage of first-generation college students and knowledge of
      instructional technology is highly desired. Salary is competitive and
      commensurate with qualifications and experience.

      Review of applications will begin immediately. Send a letter of
      application, current vita, statement of teaching philosophy, three
      letters of reference, official transcripts, last three years of
      teaching evaluations, and any other supporting materials with the
      completed Application for Academic Employment to:

      Our Lady of the Lake University
      Human Resources Office
      411 S.W. 24th Street
      San Antonio, TX 78207-4689

      Applicants may contact Dr. Maribel Lárraga, Chair, Department of
      Languages, Communication, and Creative Arts via electronic mail at
      mlarragaATollusaDOTedu with any questions regarding the position, the
      program, or Our Lady of the Lake University. Employment with Our Lady
      of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a
      background investigation.