poetry contest: Spoon River Poetry Review

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2013
      SRPR Editors' Prize Contest: $1,000
      http://www.srpr.org/contest.php

      entry link:
      http://contest.srpr.org

      WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING ONLINE SUBMISSIONS!

      Deadline: April 15, annually (postmark)

      One winning poem will be awarded $1,000, two runners-up will be awarded $100 each, and 3-5 honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of SRPR.

      Finalists are read by a prominent outside judge, who also writes an introduction to the winning poem. Recent judges include David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected.

      Entry Fee: Our entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues). If you already subscribe, then we will extend your subscription.

      Guidelines:

      We accept simultaneous submissions. To withdraw a specific poem or the entire submission notify us by email at contact[AT]srpr[DOT]org.

      To Submit Online: Please visit online Submission Manager for the Editors' Prize Contest. You will find full guidelines on the submission page. Also please note that your SRPR issues will be shipped to the shipping address that you will select in PayPal.

      **Important note for existing subscribers to SRPR: when you are at the PayPal checkout page, please provide the email id that you have provided SRPR with for contact purposes. This will help us handle your subscription more efficiently. If you are not sure if your current email is the one you already have registered with SRPR, please email us with your mailing details and we will reply back with your email id.

      To Submit by Postal Mail : Submit two copies of up to three unpublished poems, maximum of ten pages total. Name, address, email and phone number of poet should appear on each page of one copy only; the other copy must be free of all identifying information. Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned. Please check our website in August for announcement of winners.

      To enter the contest, please send your entry, along with your check (made out to SRPR) to:

      SRPR (Spoon River Poetry Review)
      4241 Publications Unit
      Illinois State University
      Normal, IL 61790-4241
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2014
        SRPR Editors' Prize Contest
        (http://www.srpr.org/contest.php)

        First Place Prize: $1,000,
        publication, and introduction written by prominent outside judge

        Entry Fee: $20, includes one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues).

        Deadline: April 15, 2014 (postmark)

        Submission: ONLINE as well postal

        SRPR (Spoon River Poetry Review) is pleased to announce the opening of
        our annual Editors' Prize Contest! One winning poem will be awarded
        $1,000, two runners up will be awarded $100 each, and three-five
        honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable
        mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of
        SRPR. Please note that we are now accepting online submissions.

        Recent judges include Juliana Spahr, David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and
        Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected.
        Please check our new website in August for announcement of winners. For
        full guidelines please visit our website:
        http://www.srpr.org/contest.php
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2014
          Prizes: One winning poem will be awarded $1,000, two runners up will be awarded $100 each, and three-five honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of SRPR.

          All entries are read blind at every stage, and all finalists are read by a well-known outside judge. Recent judges include Juliana Spahr, David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected. Please check our new website in August for announcement of winners: http://www.srpr.org/

          Entry Fee: Our entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues). If one already subscribes, we will extend the subscription.

          Contest Opens: November 15, annually

          Deadline: April 15, annually (postmark)

          Guidelines: Please visit our website for full guidelines. Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned. You will find recent winners and their poems at the bottom of our contest page:  http://www.srpr.org/contest.p hp
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 21, 2014
            SRPR's annual Editors' Prize contest
            is open, and that we are accepting online as well as paper
            submissions.
            http://www.srpr.org/contest.php

            Spread the word about our contest and its new features
            to friends, colleagues and promising students! To that end, here are
            the nuts and bolts: