Call for Submissions: Ginger Piglet

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      http://www.gingerpiglet.com/
      https://gingerpigletpress.submittable.com/submit

      Ginger Piglet is reading submissions for its fourth print issue: Chi
      Town. We will read from April 1 to June 30. We will not read after this
      point, so put this date on your calendars.We want your most lively,
      vivid, voicy shit. We want your true stories. Your lyric essays. Your
      creative nonfictions. Your true poems. Your real lives. We also want
      your 50 word bios. We really do. It's no trick. Put them in the cover
      letter.This issue is dedicated to Chicago and Chicago writers. To be
      published in this issue you must live in or be connected to Chicago in
      some way and your bio should reflect that connection. Your piece should
      or should NOT mention, be about or set in Chicago. We DO NOT want you
      to write a cheesy piece about Chicago just because we've dedicated the
      issue to Chicago. This will not get you published. Good writing gets
      you published. BUT if you happen to have a piece that mentions or is
      about Chicago in some way that also fits our other guidelines, SUBMIT
      IT. If you have a great piece that does not fit our guidelines exactly,
      submit that too. We cannot be more adamant about this: we encourage
      submissions from women, people of color and the queer
      community. So:Reading period: April 1 to June 30.
      Send us your best previously unpublished, true and brief: flash,
      miniature, sentence, essay, prose poem, poem, comic, letter, list
      (Christmas, grocery and otherwise) or combination thereof. This work
      can be humorous or serious; love or hate; connected or disconnected;
      political or not; dark or light (um, like meat or toast). This work
      must have voice.
      Please simultaneously submit. Let us know if your piece is accepted
      elsewhere.
      We would like to bring you fame and notoriety, but we can't. Make us a
      50 word or less bio of the most important and interesting words that
      also includes a link to your tweeter/blog/website and we will share it
      with our readers. Unless you don't do that. If you don't do that, we
      suggest you start, immediately.
      We would love to pay you for your work, but all we can offer right is a
      digital edition of your issue of GP and a print issue at cost +
      shipping. We're sorry about this. You deserve more.
      Follow our guideliness, or we will give you a thousand paper cuts. Love,
      Ginger Piglet, gingerpiglet.com, editor@.... We are
      looking for a Chicago photographer, collagist, multi-media, or other
      type of artist with work that transfers well onto the page. We want
      this persont to show us Chicago through their eyes. We want this person
      to be a part of the whole. If you are someone, or you know someone,
      spread the word. Libby Walkup

      lyric essayist | arts journalist | feminist | libbywalkup.com |
      @libbywalkup | libbywalkup@...
      chief editor | gingerpiglet.com | @gingerpigletmag |
      editor@...