About the 2014 Patricia Dobler Poetry Award
Primary Judge: Jan Beatty, poet
Final Judge: Yona Harvey, poet
One prize in the form of $1,000; round-trip travel, lodging and a reading at Carlow University in Pittsburgh with judge Yona Harvey; publication in Voices from the Attic. Prize valued at $2,000.
Open to women writers over the age of 40 who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, currently living in the U.S., who have not published a full-length book of poetry, fiction, or non-fiction (chapbooks excluded).
- Up to two unpublished poems, of any style, per submission. Each poem must be 75 lines or fewer (not counting stanza breaks). Multiple submissions accepted.
- A cover sheet with author’s name, address, phone number, e-mail, title(s) of poem(s), and a 1- paragraph bio. Author’s name, address, and any identifying information should not appear on any poem. If sending multiple submissions, please include all poem titles on a single cover sheet.
- A clearly addressed, standard-letter-sized SASE for notification. If sending multiple submissions, enclose only one SASE.
- $20 entry fee per each 2-poem submission (check/money order made out to Carlow University). If sending multiple submissions, send only one check for the full amount.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted (please notify us ASAP if your poems are accepted elsewhere).
All entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2014. Any submission received after April 8, 2014 will not be accepted (even if it is postmarked on April 1st).
Winner will be notified by April 30, 2014. All entrants will receive a copy of Voices from the Attic.
The Patricia Dobler Poetry Award
Jan Beatty, Director of Creative Writing
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213
Read our Dobler Award FAQs, or contact Sarah Williams-Devereux at 412.578.6346 orsewilliams412@....