fiction contest: Kore Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      The 2013 Short Fiction Award Deadline: March 31, 2013
      http://www.korepress.org/KorePressShortFictionAward.htm
      http://www.korepress.org/submissions/

      To uphold our commitment to running a fully competitive contest by gathering work that represents the breadth and depth of women's voices worldwide, Kore Press has extended the deadline for the 2013 Contest.

      A prize of $1,000 plus chapbook publication by Kore Press
      is given annually for a short story written in English.

      Eligibility
      This competition is open to any female-identified individual writing in English, regardless of nationality.

      How to Submit

      The contest is currently OPEN. You can submit your manuscript and the $15 non-refundable entry fee at
      http://www.korepress.org/submissions/

      Please read through submission guidelines before submitting.

      Comment box should include:

      daytime and evening telephone numbers
      where you heard about the contest
      All entrants will be notified of results via email.

      Manuscripts must be:

      • NO DOCX FILES. ONLY DOC, PDF, AND RTF.
      • a minimum of 4,000 words and a maximum of 12,000 words
      • double-spaced and paginated
      • ANONYMOUS (do not include your name anywhere on the manuscript, and please do not include a title page with names).
      • original fiction written by the applicant (translations are not eligible)
      • unpublished at the time of submission (if the story is accepted elsewhere during our deliberation process, please notify us immediately)
      • acknowledgments unnecessary