hard-nosed short stories sought for contest

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2013
      StoneThreadPublishing Short Fiction Contest III

      For this contest we’re seeking hard-nosed short stories. By hard-nosed,
      we meanwe want the rough stuff: detective, mystery, thriller,
      psychological suspense,police procedural, etc. If it moves the reader
      to the edge of his chair ormakes him shrink back in fear, send it. If
      it’s so absurd it makes us laugh,albeit nervously, send it. Can it have
      elements of romance or fantasy orscience fiction? Sure. Anything from
      the hard-working gumshoe working homicidein Detroit or Chicago or New
      York to an interdimensional being tracking a bailjumper through time to
      your best female sleuth, you know, sleuthing and stuff.Please no
      gratuitous anything unless the use is obviously intentional, as in
      hyperbole. With that in mind, send us your best effort.

      Contest Rules
      ·        There is no reading fee or entry fee for this contest.
      ·        Entry deadline, 30 April 2013 (may be extended if we do
      notreceive enough entries).
      ·        Previously unpublished short fiction only.
      ·        1,000 to 10,000 words.
      ·        Email submission as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf attachment to
      contestATstonethreadpublishingDOTcom
      ·        Enter as many stories as you like, one story per email.
      ·        Name and email address must appear in upper left corner of
      thefirst page of the story.
      ·        Absolutely no present-tense narrative. (Of course, dialogue
      willbe in present tense, as will the unspoken thoughts of characters.)

      Notes:

      Wewill announce the winners by email to all entrants approximately one
      monthafter the contest closes. We will also post a list of winners on
      our website atStoneThreadPublishing.com.

      We will endeavor to correct any inadvertent errors in a submission
      (e.g., emailaddress missing from the manuscript) but entries that are
      under or over theword-count limits will not be considered for a cash
      prize.

      Prizes

      All winningentries and all honorable mentions will be included in an
      anthology to bepublished as an ebook by StoneThread Publishing.

      First Place:                        $60plus one copy of the anthology
      in each eformat
      Second Place:                    $50 plus one copy of theanthology in
      each eformat
      Third Place:                       $40 plus one copy of theanthology in
      each eformat
      Fourth Place:                     $30 plus one copy of theanthology in
      each eformat
      Fifth Place:                        $20plus one copy of the anthology
      in each eformat
      HonorableMentions:        Publication and one copyof the anthology in
      each eformat

      These are the complete guidelines.

      One-Stop Resource for Writers: HarveyStanbrough.com
      Traditional Royalty Paying Epublisher: StoneThreadPublishing.com