poetry book contest: Trio House Press

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013
      Submissions are open at www.triohousepress.org!

      Trio House Press gives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or
      Second Book for emerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic
      Merit and Excellence for a book of poems contributing in an innovative
      and distinct way to American poetry. The Louise Bogan Award for
      Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to all poets, regardless of
      publication history.  Each award winner receives $1000 and twenty
      copies of his or her book. Additionally, each winner must serve as a
      Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after
      publication in order to assist with the press and bringing
      more Trio books into print. Our reading period for both awards
      is November 1st through April 30th. Manuscripts received outside of
      this reading period will not be considered. Our submissions fee is $25
      per manuscript for all award reading periods.
       We are an environmentally conscious press and only accept manuscripts
      through our online submissions manager on our web page.
      Joan Houlihan is the 2013 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic
      Merit and Excellence and Mihaela Moscaliuc is the 2013 judge for
      the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio
      information and to submit, visit our website
      at www.triohousepress.orgGuidelines for Trio House
      Submissions·         The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only
      open to poets with less than two books published.·         The Louise
      Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets,
      regardless of publication history.·         Manuscripts must be between
      48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the
      U.S.·         Translations are not eligible for
      publication.·         Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or
      docx. file.·         Include a cover letter with your bio as the first
      page of your file.·         Include an acknowledgement page of
      individual poems published.  The manuscript as a whole must not be
      previously published.·         Include two cover pages, one with the
      title of your manuscript and your name and contact information, and one
      with only the title of your manuscript.  Your name or other identifying
      materials must not appear anywhere else upon your
      manuscript.·         Payment of $25 is required for all submissions
      during our award submissions period.·         Multiple award
      submissions are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each award
      submission.·         Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as
      we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen
      elsewhere.·         Relatives and current or former students of the
      judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest
      submissions period.·         No edits can be made to manuscripts after
      you submit your manuscript.  However, if chosen for award or
      publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.·         All
      award winners and poets published must serve as a Collective Member
      of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after
      publication.  They must assist with the press and bringing
      more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design
      Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational
      Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing
      Committee.·         For more information about our press
      visit www.triohousepress.org.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17 8:56 AM
        Terry Lucas, Associate Editor
        Trio House Press

        SUBMISSIONS  CLOSE APRIL 30th   at www.triohousepress.org.TrioHouse
[...]
        Joan Houlihan is the2012 judge for the Louise Bogan Award forArtistic
        Merit and Excellence andMihaela Moscaliuc is the 2012 judge for the
        TrioAward for First or Second Book of poems. Read their bios and submit
        by visiting our website at www.triohousepress.org
        Guidelines for Trio House Submissions·     The Trio Award for First or
        Second Book is onlyopen to poets with less than two books
        published.·     The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit andExcellence
[...]
        winners and poets published must serveas a Collective Member of Trio
        House Press for twenty-four monthsafter publication.  They must assist
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20 2:58 PM

[...]
           Kimiko Hahn is the judge for the 2015 Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Neil Shepard is the judge for the 2015 Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio information and to submit, visit our website at www.triohousepress.org
          Guidelines for Trio House Submissions
          ·         The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.
          ·         The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.
          ·         Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the U.S.
          ·         Translations are not eligible for publication.
          ·         Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or docx. file.
          ·         Include a cover letter with your bio as the first page of your file.
          ·         Include an acknowledgement page of individual poems published.  The manuscript as a whole must not be previously published.
          ·         Include two cover pages, one with the title of your manuscript, your name and contact information, and one with only the title of your manuscript.  Your name or other identifying materials must not appear anywhere else upon your manuscript.
          ·         Payment of $25 is required for all submissions during our award submissions period.
          ·         Multiple submissions for either or both awards are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each submission.
          ·         Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen elsewhere.
          ·         Relatives and current or former students of the judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest submissions period.
          ·         No edits can be made to manuscripts after you submit your manuscript.  However, if chosen for award or publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.
          ·         All award winners and poets published must serve as Collective Members of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication.  They must assist with the press and help bring more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing Committee.
          ·         For more information about our press visit www.triohousepress.org.