call for submissions: drafthorse

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      http://www.lmunet.edu/drafthorse/submissions.shtml

      Drafthorse literary journal is seeking submissions for its Summer 2013
      issue.  Drafthorse is a biannual online publication of fiction,
      creative nonfiction, poetry, visual narrative, and other media art
      where work, occupation, labor—or lack of the same—is in some way
      intrinsic to a narrative’s potential for epiphany.  We are interested
      in how work, or the absence of it, effects people and communities on an
      intimate level.  While we’re open to various interpretations, we expect
      the subject to be fundamental to your submission in some way.  Complete
      submission guidelines are available online at www.drafthorsejournal.org
      or

      www.lmunet.edu/drafthorse/submissions.shtml

      We are especially looking for fiction, creative nonfiction and visual
      art.  Submission deadline for the Summer 2013 issue is April 30, 2013.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2014
        drafthorse literary journal is now reading for its Summer 2014 issue.
        drafthorse is a biannual online publication of fiction, creative
        nonfiction, poetry, visual narrative, and other media art where work,
        occupation, labor—or lack of the same—is in some way intrinsic to a
        narrative’s potential for epiphany. We are interested in how work, or
        the absence of it, effects people and communities on an intimate level.
        While we’re open to various interpretations, we expect the subject to
        be fundamental to your submission in some way. We’re especially
        interested in submissions from women and minorities.  Complete
        submission guidelines are available online at

        www.lmunet.edu/drafthorse/submissions.shtml

        Submission deadline for the Summer 2014 issue is April 30, 2014.

        Before submitting to drafthorse, check out our Winter 2014 issue of
        drafthorse literary journal atwww.drafthorsejournal.org.  The Winter
        2014 issue includes a new essay by Karen McElmurray, recently named as
        one of 2013’s Best of the Net in nonfiction.  Featured poets include
        Lester Graves Lennon (poet of the month for March at poetrynet.org) and
        West Virginia Poet Laureate Marc Harshman.  Watch and listen online to
        both poets read their work.  Lennon is also interviewed alongside debut
        novelist Mary Miller (The Last Days of California).  Excellent fiction
        from Dan Leach, Michael X. Wang and others, as well as art and samples
        from the documentary film “Dryland,” round out the issue.  Follow our
        news on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/drafthorsejournal or on
        LinkedIn at
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/drafthorse-literary-journal/7a/aa1/912.%c2%a0